From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Sarah k Alawami
Sent: Saturday, June 8, 2019 11:34 AM
To: Nvda List <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Subject: [nvda] nvda's lag and 1903

So knock on wood I think I found the lag problem, sort of. I restarted nvda with all add ons disabled and the lag is now gone. I can alt tab and I don't lose my ability to move by the stuff in my task bar. I'm only guessing but can the essentials add on be checked, as that's the only thing I can thing of that may be broken. I'm using the latest nvda as of a few days ago and the latest win 10 1903. I can't really provide a log as I think the old log file was over written or something but there you go. I hope that helps a bit.

and for hosting options go here
to subscribe to the feed click here

As a follow-up: what other add-ons are you using (or were using) besides Windows 10 App Essentials?

Cheers,

Joseph

Are there other add-ons besides Windows 10 App Essentials (mine) that appears to be the cause? If mine is to blame, I’ll take a look at it next week via runtime tracing.

Cheers,

Joseph

So knock on wood I think I found the lag problem, sort of. I restarted nvda with all add ons disabled and the lag is now gone. I can alt tab and I don't lose my ability to move by the stuff in my task bar. I'm only guessing but can the essentials add on be checked, as that's the only thing I can thing of that may be broken. I'm using the latest nvda as of a few days ago and the latest win 10 1903. I can't really provide a log as I think the old log file was over written or something but there you go. I hope that helps a bit.

and for hosting options go here
to subscribe to the feed click here

Sarah k Alawami

As far as I know, no, not on my machine. But i remember someone suggesting yours as well I think last week when the lag was brought up. And the lag was so bad when I was tabbing through some apps that i had no choice but to start with add ons disabled. I will keep an eye on it though.

On 8 Jun 2019, at 11:41, Joseph Lee wrote:

[...]

I'm using ad don updater, auto themes which is disabled anyway, speach output cop-pier which is disabled, the jgt translator, the mozilla apps enhancements, remote add on which says enabled even though I restarted with ad dons disabled, and weather plus which never got disabled either, and yours which is still enabled even though I told it to disable.

and for hosting options go here
to subscribe to the feed click here

On 8 Jun 2019, at 11:43, Joseph Lee wrote:

Hi,

[...]

I see. If a regular restart doesn’t help either and you are using only mine, then I’ll take a look at this.

Cheers,

Joseph

So knock on wood I think I found the lag problem, sort of. I restarted nvda with all add ons disabled and the lag is now gone. I can alt tab and I don't lose my ability to move by the stuff in my task bar. I'm only guessing but can the essentials add on be checked, as that's the only thing I can thing of that may be broken. I'm using the latest nvda as of a few days ago and the latest win 10 1903. I can't really provide a log as I think the old log file was over written or something but there you go. I hope that helps a bit.

and for hosting options go here
to subscribe to the feed click here

And are you experiencing a lag right now? If not, chances are that it might be something other than an add-on.

Cheers,

Joseph

[...]

I just restarted again with add ons disabled but there must be some kidn of toehr bug at work. I know those add on sare disabled, but why do most of the show as enabled even though I told nvda to start with all add ons disabled? I'll bring this up in another thread hopefully later after work today. Yes, I work on a Saturday. Lol!

and for hosting options go here
to subscribe to the feed click here

On 8 Jun 2019, at 11:59, Joseph Lee wrote:

Hi,

I see. If a regular restart doesn’t help either and you are using only mine, then I’ll take a look at this.

Cheers,

Joseph

So knock on wood I think I found the lag problem, sort of. I restarted nvda with all add ons disabled and the lag is now gone. I can alt tab and I don't lose my ability to move by the stuff in my task bar. I'm only guessing but can the essentials add on be checked, as that's the only thing I can thing of that may be broken. I'm using the latest nvda as of a few days ago and the latest win 10 1903. I can't really provide a log as I think the old log file was over written or something but there you go. I hope that helps a bit.

and for hosting options go here
to subscribe to the feed click here

Sarah k Alawami

No, all is fine, I'm able to alt tab, and no lag. and the same programs I'm using are still running, and all add ons are still disabled. I made sure of that. Now time to see which one is causing the problems. Funny thign is this all started after the feature update and yeah I'm now able to access all things in my task bar instead of hitting windows tab and nothing happening, or hearing, task bar. and not beeing able to moe through it except when I restart nvda.

and for hosting options go here
to subscribe to the feed click here

Hi,