Topics

nvda say all command chooses language

Aschalew Byness

My nvda [say all command’ works well with English language. It doesn’t
work well with my local language though. If it is local language, It
starts reading; but it automatically stops reading without any key
pressed. Solution?

Tyler Spivey

What language is it and what synthesizer are you using? The most common
issue I've seen which causes this is the synth can't index properly, so
NVDA doesn't know it needs to continue reading.

On 6/19/2020 4:52 PM, Aschalew Byness wrote:
My nvda [say all command’ works well with English language. It doesn’t
work well with my local language though. If it is local language, It
starts reading; but it automatically stops reading without any key
pressed. Solution?

Aschalew Byness

I am using eSpeak to read Amharic language.

On 6/20/20, Tyler Spivey <tspivey@...> wrote:
What language is it and what synthesizer are you using? The most common
issue I've seen which causes this is the synth can't index properly, so
NVDA doesn't know it needs to continue reading.

On 6/19/2020 4:52 PM, Aschalew Byness wrote:
My nvda [say all command’ works well with English language. It doesn’t
work well with my local language though. If it is local language, It
starts reading; but it automatically stops reading without any key
pressed. Solution?

Luke Davis