NVDA saying blank on empty lines

Don H

Running latest Win 10 and nvda. Looked through the user manual but can't find a way to have NVDA from saying blank on blank lines. Can someone please direct me to where the setting is?
Thanks

Gene

There may be an add-on but there is no setting in the program. But of what good is it to not say blank.  You will still have to down arrow through those lines anyway.  There might be some benefit in creating the ability in the program or as an add-on to skip blank lines while down arrowing.  Others may want to discuss if that would be useful.  I generally use speak to end.  I don't down arrow through text unless I have a reason to and I would experience little to no benefit from such an ability.

Gene

On 1/26/2022 11:48 AM, Don H wrote:
Running latest Win 10 and nvda.  Looked through the user manual but can't find a way to have NVDA from saying blank on blank lines.  Can someone please direct me to where the setting is?
Thanks

Tony Malykh

There are add-ons for this.

1. If you just don't like the word blank, you can use Phonetic Punctuation add-on. By default it replaces it with an earcon.

2. If you would like to skip blank lines automatically when you arrow up/down, you can achieve this with BrowserNav add-on. It only works in browsers and other browse mode documents, such as email programs.

HTH

On 1/26/2022 9:48 AM, Don H wrote:
Running latest Win 10 and nvda.  Looked through the user manual but can't find a way to have NVDA from saying blank on blank lines.  Can someone please direct me to where the setting is?
Thanks

Sarah k Alawami

I have to arrow sometimes through emails as some emails I receive cause my system to slow to a crawl, hence forcing me to also hear blank blank blank. I assume it's because my system is cranky 90 percent of the time now. Lol!