Topics

NVDA shortcuts and some questions about it!

Helga Schreiber

Hi all!This is helga! How are you all? I I actually just realize I install NVDA on my windows computer! Before,but I actually forgot  about it! LOL! Now i want to learn hwo ot use it so I'm going to practice soeme things with it! Now my questions, is therre a shortcut key in ordr to turn on and turn off NVDA guys? You know   JAWS has alt plus control J in ordr to turn it on. And to turnit off insert F4.  So I was thinking  nVDA maybe has the same thing!  So if it does, do you know what it is? If it does not have one, how can I create one in ordr to accomplish that? Just wondring! On my computer i have NVDA and JAWS 14, but I want to explore adn learn with NVDA guys!  And one last question, does NVDA works great with Windows 10 so far guys? Just owndring! Whati  your experience about it? I apologize for all these questions! I look forward in hearing form you soon.  I will really appreciate any help tht you gusy can help me  regarding this matter! Thanks  and God bless!

Helga Schreiber 

Member of National Federation of the Blind and Florida Association of Blind Students.
Member of the International Networkers Team (INT).
Independent Entrepreneur of the Company 4Life Research.
Phone:  (561) 706-5950 
INT Website: http://int4life.com/ 

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16 
Sent from my iPhone 6S running IOS 9.2.1  

marvin kotler

Alt plus control plus n brings up nvda; insert plus q allows you to exit.
Marv

Sent: Wednesday, March 09, 2016 11:38 AM
Subject: [nvda] NVDA shortcuts and some questions about it!

Hi all!This is helga! How are you all? I I actually just realize I install NVDA on my windows computer! Before,but I actually forgot  about it! LOL! Now i want to learn hwo ot use it so I'm going to practice soeme things with it! Now my questions, is therre a shortcut key in ordr to turn on and turn off NVDA guys? You know   JAWS has alt plus control J in ordr to turn it on. And to turnit off insert F4.  So I was thinking  nVDA maybe has the same thing!  So if it does, do you know what it is? If it does not have one, how can I create one in ordr to accomplish that? Just wondring! On my computer i have NVDA and JAWS 14, but I want to explore adn learn with NVDA guys!  And one last question, does NVDA works great with Windows 10 so far guys? Just owndring! Whati  your experience about it? I apologize for all these questions! I look forward in hearing form you soon.  I will really appreciate any help tht you gusy can help me  regarding this matter! Thanks  and God bless!

Helga Schreiber 

Member of National Federation of the Blind and Florida Association of Blind Students.
Phone:  (561) 706-5950
INT Website: http://int4life.com/ 

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16

Gene NZ <hurrikennyandopo@...>

Hi Helga

If you have a installed copy of NVDA use the CTRL key +ALT key +the letter N key.  This will start your copy of NVDA.
To get into your preferences of NVDA where you can make changes like speeding it up or down etc, use the NVDA key + the letter N
To quit your copy of NVDA use the NVDA key + the letter Q

Where I refer to the NVDA key this is a modifier key which can be either the insert key, the extended insert key or the capslock key. So you would use one of these that you chose say to quit your copy of NVDA For example the insert key + the letter Q

All of my machines here are on Windows 10, and I like it.  When bus are found and reported, you will notice what has been done under the whats new section in NVDA which is under the help section also where the user manual is.

Gene nz

On 10-Mar-16 8:38 AM, Helga Schreiber wrote:
Hi all!This is helga! How are you all? I I actually just realize I install NVDA on my windows computer! Before,but I actually forgot  about it! LOL! Now i want to learn hwo ot use it so I'm going to practice soeme things with it! Now my questions, is therre a shortcut key in ordr to turn on and turn off NVDA guys? You know   JAWS has alt plus control J in ordr to turn it on. And to turnit off insert F4.  So I was thinking  nVDA maybe has the same thing!  So if it does, do you know what it is? If it does not have one, how can I create one in ordr to accomplish that? Just wondring! On my computer i have NVDA and JAWS 14, but I want to explore adn learn with NVDA guys!  And one last question, does NVDA works great with Windows 10 so far guys? Just owndring! Whati  your experience about it? I apologize for all these questions! I look forward in hearing form you soon.  I will really appreciate any help tht you gusy can help me  regarding this matter! Thanks  and God bless!

Helga Schreiber 

Phone:  (561) 706-5950 
INT Website: http://int4life.com/ 

Rosemarie Chavarria

Hi, Helga,

Alt control N is the shortcut to start NVDA. Insert Q shuts it down. I'm using the latest version of NVDA with windows 10 right now.

Hope this helps.

Rosemarie

-----Original Message-----
To: nvda@groups.io

Hi all!This is helga! How are you all? I I actually just realize I install NVDA on my windows computer! Before,but I actually forgot about it! LOL! Now i want to learn hwo ot use it so I'm going to practice soeme things with it! Now my questions, is therre a shortcut key in ordr to turn on and turn off NVDA guys? You know JAWS has alt plus control J in ordr to turn it on. And to turnit off insert F4. So I was thinking nVDA maybe has the same thing! So if it does, do you know what it is? If it does not have one, how can I create one in ordr to accomplish that? Just wondring! On my computer i have NVDA and JAWS 14, but I want to explore adn learn with NVDA guys! And one last question, does NVDA works great with Windows 10 so far guys? Just owndring! Whati your experience about it? I apologize for all these questions! I look forward in hearing form you soon. I will really appreciate any help tht you gusy can help me regarding this matter! Thanks and God bless!

Helga Schreiber

Phone: (561) 706-5950
Email: helga.schreiber26@... <mailto:helga.schreiber26@...>
4Life Website: http://helgaschreiber.my4life.com/1/default.as <http://helgaschreiber.my4life.com/1/default.aspx> px INT Website: http://int4life.com/

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16 Sent from my iPhone 6S running IOS 9.2.1

Heaven Botma <ehlbotma@...>

Good Day Helga

To switch on NVDA press Alt+Ctrl+N. To switch it off again press
Insert+Q. It works very well on Windows 10, better than JAWS. For
more shortcut keys look at the Key commands document or the User
mannual which you can find in the help menu. Go to the NVDA menu by
pressing insert+N and go down to help, enter, and look for the
document you want.

Regards

Heaven

On 3/10/16, Rosemarie Chavarria <knitqueen2007@...> wrote:
Hi, Helga,

Alt control N is the shortcut to start NVDA. Insert Q shuts it down. I'm
using the latest version of NVDA with windows 10 right now.

Hope this helps.

Rosemarie

-----Original Message-----
To: nvda@groups.io

Hi all!This is helga! How are you all? I I actually just realize I install
NVDA on my windows computer! Before,but I actually forgot about it! LOL!
Now i want to learn hwo ot use it so I'm going to practice soeme things with
it! Now my questions, is therre a shortcut key in ordr to turn on and turn
off NVDA guys? You know JAWS has alt plus control J in ordr to turn it on.
And to turnit off insert F4. So I was thinking nVDA maybe has the same
thing! So if it does, do you know what it is? If it does not have one, how
can I create one in ordr to accomplish that? Just wondring! On my computer i
have NVDA and JAWS 14, but I want to explore adn learn with NVDA guys! And
one last question, does NVDA works great with Windows 10 so far guys? Just
owndring! Whati your experience about it? I apologize for all these
questions! I look forward in hearing form you soon. I will really
appreciate any help tht you gusy can help me regarding this matter! Thanks
and God bless!

Helga Schreiber

Member of National Federation of the Blind and Florida Association of Blind
Students.
Phone: (561) 706-5950
Email: helga.schreiber26@... <mailto:helga.schreiber26@...>
4Life Website: http://helgaschreiber.my4life.com/1/default.as
<http://helgaschreiber.my4life.com/1/default.aspx> px INT Website:
http://int4life.com/

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever
believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16 Sent from
my iPhone 6S running IOS 9.2.1