nvda slows wi-fi

dennis huckle

Hello,

For some reason nvda 21.4 slows down my wi-fi connection.

This has only happened recently.

I have now used jaws 2019 with no problem.

Tried uninstalling nvda and re-installed but still the same problem.

Any advice please.

For what its worth nvda works reasonabley on ethernet connection.

Kind regards,

Dennis huckle.

dennis huckle

Hello again,

Think I may have found the problem.

My braille display is now turned off and I suspect nvda was searching for it.

Can’t think why nvda still should have slowed down wi-fi.

Kind regards,

Dennis huckle.

On Fri, Jul 23, 2021 at 11:18 AM, dennis huckle wrote:
Can’t think why nvda still should have slowed down wi-fi.
-
Nor can I.  The two are logically disconnected (unless you are using one of the add-ons that require a connection to cyberspace, and even then the change should be imperceptible with perhaps an exception for NVDA Remote).

Yep.  Discipline.  Accountability.  Joy.  Fun.  Responsibility.

That's what life is about.  And in that order.

        ~ Liza Minnelli

Gene

While I doubt these suggestions will help, try setting NVDA so that it won’t try to communicate with the server.  In General settings, tell it not to send statistics and not to check for updates.

I’m very skeptical that these changes will make a difference but you might as well see.

Sent: Friday, July 23, 2021 10:06 AM

Hello,

For some reason nvda 21.4 slows down my wi-fi connection.

This has only happened recently.

I have now used jaws 2019 with no problem.

Tried uninstalling nvda and re-installed but still the same problem.

Any advice please.

For what its worth nvda works reasonabley on ethernet connection.

Kind regards,

Dennis huckle.

dennis huckle

Thanks all,

The braille display seems to have been the problem unless virgin media were playing about.

Kind regards,

Dennis huckle.

Sent: Friday, July 23, 2021 10:06 AM

Hello,

For some reason nvda 21.4 slows down my wi-fi connection.

This has only happened recently.

I have now used jaws 2019 with no problem.

Tried uninstalling nvda and re-installed but still the same problem.

Any advice please.

For what its worth nvda works reasonabley on ethernet connection.

Kind regards,

Dennis huckle.

Howard Traxler

To my knowledge, there is no NVDAS 21.4.  If you'fe installed that one, you're already a few months ahead of the game.

On 7/23/2021 10:06 AM, dennis huckle wrote:

Hello,

For some reason nvda 21.4 slows down my wi-fi connection.

This has only happened recently.

I have now used jaws 2019 with no problem.

Tried uninstalling nvda and re-installed but still the same problem.

Any advice please.

For what its worth nvda works reasonabley on ethernet connection.

Kind regards,

Dennis huckle.

Rosemarie Chavarria

No, there is no NVDA 2021.4 yet.

On 7/23/2021 8:43 AM, Howard Traxler wrote:
To my knowledge, there is no NVDAS 21.4.  If you'fe installed that one, you're already a few months ahead of the game.

On 7/23/2021 10:06 AM, dennis huckle wrote:

Hello,

For some reason nvda 21.4 slows down my wi-fi connection.

This has only happened recently.

I have now used jaws 2019 with no problem.

Tried uninstalling nvda and re-installed but still the same problem.

Any advice please.

For what its worth nvda works reasonabley on ethernet connection.

Kind regards,

Dennis huckle.

Steve Nutt

I can’t imagine that NVDA slows down Wi-Fi, even if it is searching for a Braille display, which is either serial or Bluetooth, not Wi-Fi.

What makes you say that NVDA is slowing down wi-fi?

All the best

Steve

Computer Room Services

77 Exeter Close

Stevenage

Hertfordshire

SG1 4PW

T: +44(0)1438-742286

M: +44(0)7956-334938

F: +44(0)1438-759589

E: steve@...

For some reason nvda 21.4 slows down my wi-fi connection.

This has only happened recently.

I have now used jaws 2019 with no problem.

Tried uninstalling nvda and re-installed but still the same problem.

Any advice please.

For what its worth nvda works reasonabley on ethernet connection.

Kind regards,

Dennis huckle.

dennis huckle

Hello Steve,

On my laptop, connected to the mains supply with my braille display in the next room and left turned on, whenever I tried an internet radio connection or even connecting to outlook Microsoft edge took at least half a minute.

However as I don’t use the braille display on my laptop I removed the focus 14 from the laptop and internet went back to practically normal.

So, can’t think what happened.

Kind regards,

Dennis huckle.

For some reason nvda 21.4 slows down my wi-fi connection.

This has only happened recently.

I have now used jaws 2019 with no problem.

Tried uninstalling nvda and re-installed but still the same problem.

Any advice please.

For what its worth nvda works reasonabley on ethernet connection.

Kind regards,

Dennis huckle.

Steve Nutt

I imagine that your wi-fi router was on a busy channel.

The 2.4GHZ channels get quite busy, and you can use programs like InSSIDer to figure out which are the least busy.

Then you log into your router, and change the channel.

All the best

Steve

Computer Room Services

77 Exeter Close

Stevenage

Hertfordshire

SG1 4PW

T: +44(0)1438-742286

M: +44(0)7956-334938

F: +44(0)1438-759589

E: steve@...

For some reason nvda 21.4 slows down my wi-fi connection.

This has only happened recently.

I have now used jaws 2019 with no problem.

Tried uninstalling nvda and re-installed but still the same problem.

Any advice please.

For what its worth nvda works reasonabley on ethernet connection.

Kind regards,

Dennis huckle.

Sarah k Alawami

Could it have been your braille display? I’m just guessing as your findings don’t’ make sense at all.

For some reason nvda 21.4 slows down my wi-fi connection.

This has only happened recently.

I have now used jaws 2019 with no problem.

Tried uninstalling nvda and re-installed but still the same problem.

Any advice please.

For what its worth nvda works reasonabley on ethernet connection.

Kind regards,

Dennis huckle.

dennis huckle

I’m not sure,

As I said on a previous message my braille display was in the next room but still connected via Bluetooth to my laptop.

Of course I realise that wi-fi is not the same as Bluetooth but proved the point when I went back to the room where the display was and also where my router is.

I then connected the laptop via ethernet cable to the router and wi-fi was fine.

When I removed the braille display from my devices on my laptop wi-fi worked fine.

The display is a freedom scientific focus 14.

What I haven’t tried yet is connecting the display via Bluetooth in close proximity to the laptop and seeing what happens then although I normally use the display on  a desktop device in the other room.

As I said it might have been my provider, virgin media “playing about or there maybe an issue with bluetooth on my laptop although my keyboard k380 works well.

Thanks for your input.

Kind regards,

Dennis huckle.