NVDA sometimes crashes when using edit boxes in INTERNET

Moti Azrad

Hi friends,

A friend of mine has trouble when using edit boxes in INTERNET WITH nvda2021.1.

When NVDA crashes – he has only one option, to use alt+control+n TO OPEN A NEW nvda session and continue working with these edit boxes.

What to do to solve that problem?

Thanks

Moti

Moti Azrad

Musician and Piano-Tuner

motiaz@...

azrad_moty@...

Israel

Gene

What browser is being used?

Also, is the problem that when NVDA runs again, it doesn’t display the page properly, perhaps not providing access to Browse Mode?  Since you don’t explain the actual details of the problem, we don’t know what is happening.

A friend of mine has trouble when using edit boxes in INTERNET WITH nvda2021.1.

When NVDA crashes – he has only one option, to use alt+control+n TO OPEN A NEW nvda session and continue working with these edit boxes.

What to do to solve that problem?

Thanks

Moti

Moti Azrad

Musician and Piano-Tuner

motiaz@...

azrad_moty@...

Israel

Jujube

Which browser are they using? Does it only happen on specific sites?

On 8/8/21, Moty Azrad <motiaz@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi friends,

A friend of mine has trouble when using edit boxes in INTERNET WITH
nvda2021.1.

When NVDA crashes - he has only one option, to use alt+control+n TO OPEN A
NEW nvda session and continue working with these edit boxes.

What to do to solve that problem?

Thanks

Moti

Moti Azrad

Musician and Piano-Tuner

<mailto:motiaz@gmail.com> motiaz@gmail.com

azrad_moty@hotmail.com

Israel

Rosemarie Chavarria

Hi,

When you say "internet" do you mean internet explorer? If that's the case, I'd drop it and try another browser like edge or firefox.

Rosemarie

On 8/8/2021 2:00 PM, Moty Azrad wrote:

Hi friends,

A friend of mine has trouble when using edit boxes in INTERNET WITH nvda2021.1.

When NVDA crashes – he has only one option, to use alt+control+n TO OPEN A NEW nvda session and continue working with these edit boxes.

What to do to solve that problem?

Thanks

Moti

Moti Azrad

Musician and Piano-Tuner

motiaz@...

azrad_moty@...

Israel

Moti Azrad

No,

I mean using Edge or Google Chrome Etc.

Moti

Moti Azrad

Musician and Piano-Tuner

motiaz@...

azrad_moty@...

Israel

When you say "internet" do you mean internet explorer? If that's the case, I'd drop it and try another browser like edge or firefox.

Rosemarie

On 8/8/2021 2:00 PM, Moty Azrad wrote:

Hi friends,

A friend of mine has trouble when using edit boxes in INTERNET WITH nvda2021.1.

When NVDA crashes – he has only one option, to use alt+control+n TO OPEN A NEW nvda session and continue working with these edit boxes.

What to do to solve that problem?

Thanks

Moti

Moti Azrad

Musician and Piano-Tuner

motiaz@...

azrad_moty@...

Israel

Moti Azrad

Hi,

No,
It may happen not in specific web-sites.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Moti

Moti Azrad
Musician and Piano-Tuner

motiaz@gmail.com

azrad_moty@hotmail.com

Israel

Which browser are they using? Does it only happen on specific sites?

On 8/8/21, Moty Azrad <motiaz@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi friends,

A friend of mine has trouble when using edit boxes in INTERNET WITH
nvda2021.1.

When NVDA crashes - he has only one option, to use alt+control+n TO
OPEN A NEW nvda session and continue working with these edit boxes.

What to do to solve that problem?

Thanks

Moti

Moti Azrad

Musician and Piano-Tuner

<mailto:motiaz@gmail.com> motiaz@gmail.com

azrad_moty@hotmail.com

Israel

Has he followed The Most Basic Troubleshooting Steps for Suspected NVDA Issues?

         ~Martin Luther King, Jr.

Bhavya shah

Dear all,

I do not recall experiencing this more recently, but at least until a
couple months ago, I frequently encountered situations where NVDA
would choke up and go quiet whenever I went into focus mode on an edit
box in Microsoft Edge. (This was unique to Edge and did not occur in
Firefox in my case.) The only remedy was to launch Narrator, wait for
a while for NVDA to begin speaking or press Ctrl+Alt+N, and then try
interacting with that edit box again confronted by the same
non-trivial probability of NVDA freezing when entering the edit field.
I will revert with further details should I experience this again in
the near future.

Thanks.

Has he followed The Most Basic Troubleshooting Steps for Suspected NVDA
Issues ( https://nvda.groups.io/g/nvda/message/81494 ) ?

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and
conscientious stupidity.

~Martin Luther King, Jr.

--
Best Regards,