NVDA sometimes loses control and needs to be restarted

Luke Davis

Unfortunately, any 2017 version is so very out of date, that you will likely find yourself with many other problems as a result.

Downgrading that far on any modern operating system is not a good idea.

Luke

On Thu, 12 Dec 2019, Vaibhav Bhandari wrote:

So I installed NVDA 2017.4 today after uninstalling the latest version
of NVDA and found that this problem was not occuring. I think, for
right now if someone wants to get rid of this issue, the best way
might be to downgrade to that version.

Hi,
As Luke pointed out in a later message, I advise NOT downgrading to anything earlier than a recent version, say 2018.4 should be the earliest version I recommend downgrading to if absolutely necessary. This is more so now that a combination of add-ons with support for old and new NVDA releases are coming out - if you install an add-on optimized for nVDA 2019.3, and then downgrade to 2017.4, add-ons will not work or become unpredictable in what they do.
Cheers,
Jsoeph