Topics

NVDA stalling/crashing

Justin Harford

Hello everyone

I am dealing with a difficult situation. I just installed to the latest version of NVDA. This was an update from a much earlier version, as I delayed updating since there was not a compatible version of the dictation bridge at the time.

my vocalizer plug-in stopped working. I went to the tiflotechnia website to download the latest version of the plug-in, which after I installed it, said it was not compatible. I then completely removed the vocalizer plugging along with the synthesizers.

When I was trying to use the screen reader with e speak, it randomly would crash. I would go into fire fox, type in a search, the results would load and I would start trying to navigate through the headings and we get no response. I would press alt tab, and no response.

I then uninstalled the screen reader bygoing into the settings, under applications, and clicking uninstall. I assume that activates the same uninstall file in the program files folder. At this point I was using narrator.

 I restarted the computer,  And ran the installer again. When the installation was complete, I was having the same issues. I am not past this point now. Whenever I try to run NVDA, It quickly goes silent after a simple task like bringing up the run dialogue and attempting to type something in. The speech becomes unresponsive, though I can still tab around the applications and open the start menu.

Can somebody help?
Justin Harford (he/him/his)
program Coordinator (NCDE)
Mobility International USA (MIUSA)
132 E Broadway Suite 343
Eugene OR 97401
541-343-1284 ext 1014 (voice)
jharford@... (email)

Quentin Christensen

Do you have any other add-ons installed?  Note that when you uninstalled / reinstalled NVDA it doesn't delete the %appdata%\nvda folder, so any add-ons etc you had previously would still be there (and any problems caused by them)..  If you press NVDA+Q then down arrow to "restart with add-ons disabled" it should ignore any add-ons when it restarts.

Quentin.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Rui Fontes

Hello!

Regarding Vocalizer Expressive, you will get a private message...

Regarding the other problems, you can send us a NVDA log file.

Best regards,

Customer support

Tiflotecnia, Lda.