NVDA still freezing, don't know what the deal is


Tyler Spivey
 

I was under the impression that upgrading to the latest master snapshot
would fix it. Does it not?

On 5/1/2016 6:30 PM, Rob wrote:
Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:
Why wouldn't my workaround accomplish the same end but more easily.
Because most of the keyboard is frozen when this freeze happens. The only thing that works is the windows key and some function keys.



Rob
 

Tyler Spivey <tspivey@...> wrote:
I was under the impression that upgrading to the latest master snapshot
would fix it.
The original poster might not want to try new code. The master snapshot does indeed fix it, though.


Gene
 

I didn't keep Rob's last message but I realized that I have a reply. 
 
there is evidence in Sharni-lee's messages suggesting that the crash she is experiencing may have different causes and/or different effects.  We don't know enough details to conclude what the situation is.  She stated that her mother operated the computer after the crash.  If she just used a mouse, that might still mean that most of the keyboard is frozen.  But experimentation should be done by trying to use my method when the next crash occurs.  We need to verify, and not assume, that the crash has the same effects.  At this time, we don't know.
 
Gene

----- Original Message -----
From: Gene
Sent: Sunday, May 01, 2016 8:29 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA still freezing, don't know what the deal is

Why wouldn't my workaround accomplish the same end but more easily.  I don't know this, but I expect that Narrator can be run.  If so, you should be able to stay in the same account and use task manager with Narrator to close NVDA.
 
Gene
----- Original Message -----
From: Rob
Sent: Sunday, May 01, 2016 8:13 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA still freezing, don't know what the deal is

Sharni-Lee Ward <sharni-lee.ward@...> wrote:
> NVDA completely stops working. It says nothing. The Braille display's
> display remains frozen on whatever was last spoken.
There is a way to get around this, but it is kind of a pain. Here is how.
1. Create another user account on your computer and give it admin  rights.
2. The problem with the freeze is caused by LibLouis, not your braille
display; it would freeze upno matter what display you have.
3. Next time it freezes, press windows+l
4. Press alt+w for switch user
5. Hit right arrow to land on the user you created
6. Press enter and type its password
7. Press control+shift+delete to land in task manager. Do not start NVDA,
because it might freeze again.
8. Hit control+tab to land in the processes list
9. Type the letters nv to land on the nvda.exe process. Press alt+e, alt+y
to terminate it.
10. Press windows+l, alt+w to return to your previous windows session. Your
user should be the first one in the list; press enter on it and type your
password.
11. Restart NVDA. if it freezes once more, repeat the previous steps. It
will not always freeze. This is a random event.
12. Once NVDA has successfully started, go into The NVDA menu with NVDA+n
13. Go to braille settings by pressing the letters p and r. Select no
braille and press enter.
14. Go back into the NVDA menu and press s for save configuration.
15. Return, once more, to the NVDA menu and press p for preferences and then
enter on general settings. Untick the box that says "save configuration on
exit."
16. Now, when you start NVDA, you will have no braille. You will have to
select your Focus 40 manually on each start. NVDA will not usually freeze if
you select a display while it is running. It has always been the case--for
me, anyway--that it freezes during startup and a braille display is
automatically selected.
I hope this helps.




 

I have had issues with nvda freezing sometimes, I can go to task manager and hit n and keep killing delete and enter until there is nothing saying n ofcause this will also kill anything with n then I restart nvda.
The only other time this happened, the system and nvda would freeze, it ended me cleaning the dust out of that particular unit and replacing a crook power unit.

On 2/05/2016 1:03 p.m., Gene wrote:
Also, if the log isn't helpful, you can get information using the Reliability history utility. I haven't used it for a long time and I would have to look at it again to provide details. Others might know as well. Depending on what people can learn from the log, that may or may not be necessary.

Gene
From: Gene
Sent: Sunday, May 01, 2016 8:00 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA still freezing, don't know what the deal is


If you botched it, you would probably have far more problems than just freezes. You can always reinstall it,.

Gene
----- Original Message -----

From: Sharni-Lee Ward
Sent: Sunday, May 01, 2016 7:50 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA still freezing, don't know what the deal is


Hi,


Yes, but you have Windows 10. I have 7.


So I didn't botch the installation or something? That's my biggest fear
right now, that I somehow botched something when I was setting up my
Braille Display.


On 2/05/2016 10:44 AM, Pranav Lal wrote:
Hi Sharni,

I have a similar problem but my log entries are different and my freezing occurs mainly in outlook 2016. Regardless, this is what I do to recover from it without sighted assistance.
1. Hit windows key +l or ctrl+alt+ddel. It depends on whichever key combination works.
2. I get to the login screen.
3. I can then tab to the shutdown button and power off or restart the computer.

OS=Windows 10
NVDA 2016.1
Pranav








Arlene
 

Hi there: Do you think your computer could have mellwhere to cause this
freezing?

-----Original Message-----
From: Rob [mailto:captinlogic@...]
Sent: May-01-16 6:31 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA still freezing, don't know what the deal is

Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:
Why wouldn't my workaround accomplish the same end but more easily.
Because most of the keyboard is frozen when this freeze happens. The only
thing that works is the windows key and some function keys.


Arlene
 

Hi, What other screen reader do you have on your computer? If you have a back up screen reader besides NVDA why not try it to make sure it's not your Braille Display? It sounds like you might have botched up a setting while setting it up for it to run on NVDA. If it works on your back up screen reader, then there's something up with a setting for NVDA.

-----Original Message-----
From: Sharni-Lee Ward [mailto:sharni-lee.ward@...]
Sent: May-01-16 4:01 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA still freezing, don't know what the deal is

It just happened again, again while I was writing. My mother came to
help me again and tried to save my work. Word wouldn't respond. She
tried to exit NVDA mannually, but it wouldn't allow her to do that. She
scanned NVDA with Microsoft Security Essentials but nothing came up. I'm
now using the computer without my Braille Display. I don't understand
why it's doing this to me, but I can't think of any other culprit. It's
brand new. We bought it in February and I've barely used it, partly
because of this issue and partly because of the MUD I've been playing.
But I've had it plugged into my computer via USB almost constantly since
I got it and installed the driver. The computer usually starts up with
it plugged in.


Please, someone, help! I want to solve this problem as soon as possible!
I've had about enough of this and I don't want to sacrifice my Braille
Display just because this is happening!


On 2/05/2016 7:10 AM, Sharni-Lee Ward wrote:
I've mentioned this before, but it's been weeks and I don't know if I
got any more useful help after Joseph said to submit a log entry. Which
given the nature of my problem, I doubt would work.


Since I got my Braille Display in February, NVDA has frozen with
alarming regularity. It hasn't been like previous experiences of the
phenomenon either. I used to occasionally have NVDA freeze, but I could
restart the screen reader with alt+ctrl+n. With this situation, I can't.
NVDA completely stops working. It says nothing. The Braille display's
display remains frozen on whatever was last spoken. I can't restart
NVDA, and sometimes can't even shut down the computer without sighted
help. That's the only way to get things working again—shut down and
restart the computer. I used to only experience this soon after startup,
especially when I tried to activate the snapshot with the experimental
UEB table in it, but now I'm having it happen after the computer's been
going for a while, and it happens on both the normal installation and
the brltbl snapshot. Just now, I had it happen while I was writing in a
document. I was typing merrily away when NVDA stopped reporting letters
and the Braille Display, when I checked it, was only displaying the
first two words I'd typed on that line.


This is getting seriously annoying both for me and my mother, who is my
carer. I don't know what's causing this problem but I have a horrible
feeling it's to do with my Focus 40 Blue, as it didn't happen before I
got it. Can anyone shed some light on this? I want it to stop so my
writing and other activities don't keep getting interrupted.




Gene
 

That isn't necessarily true.  I doubt anything the user did has anything to do with this problem.  Another screen-reader may have different code regarding how it works with the Braille display.  It may work properly while NVDA may not. 
 
Gene

From: Arlene
Sent: Sunday, May 01, 2016 10:30 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA still freezing, don't know what the deal is

Hi, What other screen reader do you have on your computer? If you have a back up screen reader besides NVDA why not try it to make sure it's not your Braille Display? It sounds like you might have botched up a setting while setting it up for it to run on NVDA.  If it works on your back up screen reader, then there's something up with a setting for NVDA.

-----Original Message-----

From: Sharni-Lee Ward [mailto:sharni-lee.ward@...]
Sent: May-01-16 4:01 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA still freezing, don't know what the deal is

It just happened again, again while I was writing. My mother came to
help me again and tried to save my work. Word wouldn't respond. She
tried to exit NVDA mannually, but it wouldn't allow her to do that. She
scanned NVDA with Microsoft Security Essentials but nothing came up. I'm
now using the computer without my Braille Display. I don't understand
why it's doing this to me, but I can't think of any other culprit. It's
brand new. We bought it in February and I've barely used it, partly
because of this issue and partly because of the MUD I've been playing.
But I've had it plugged into my computer via USB almost constantly since
I got it and installed the driver. The computer usually starts up with
it plugged in.


Please, someone, help! I want to solve this problem as soon as possible!
I've had about enough of this and I don't want to sacrifice my Braille
Display just because this is happening!


On 2/05/2016 7:10 AM, Sharni-Lee Ward wrote:
> I've mentioned this before, but it's been weeks and I don't know if I
> got any more useful help after Joseph said to submit a log entry. Which
> given the nature of my problem, I doubt would work.
>
>
> Since I got my Braille Display in February, NVDA has frozen with
> alarming regularity. It hasn't been like previous experiences of the
> phenomenon either. I used to occasionally have NVDA freeze, but I could
> restart the screen reader with alt+ctrl+n. With this situation, I can't.
> NVDA completely stops working. It says nothing. The Braille display's
> display remains frozen on whatever was last spoken. I can't restart
> NVDA, and sometimes can't even shut down the computer without sighted
> help. That's the only way to get things working again—shut down and
> restart the computer. I used to only experience this soon after startup,
> especially when I tried to activate the snapshot with the experimental
> UEB table in it, but now I'm having it happen after the computer's been
> going for a while, and it happens on both the normal installation and
> the brltbl snapshot. Just now, I had it happen while I was writing in a
> document. I was typing merrily away when NVDA stopped reporting letters
> and the Braille Display, when I checked it, was only displaying the
> first two words I'd typed on that line.
>
>
> This is getting seriously annoying both for me and my mother, who is my
> carer. I don't know what's causing this problem but I have a horrible
> feeling it's to do with my Focus 40 Blue, as it didn't happen before I
> got it. Can anyone shed some light on this? I want it to stop so my
> writing and other activities don't keep getting interrupted.
>
>
>
>









Brian's Mail list account
 

Obviously if you are certain that the problem does not occur whenits not connected you have proved the issue is that. Next you need to see if there is a newer version of the driver perhaps?
Not having tried this display, I'm a bit useless on this aspect.
Are there any other bits ofsoftware on the computer that can use the display that might be able to test f its just nvda or if its a more general problem. It sounds like a hang not exactly a crash, ie its going around in circles and not getting out of a loop.
If it happens at a non critical time, what happens if you do the short tap on the power button which in my case seems to break out of a crashed piece of software back to a a working condition again.
Too long of course will shut the machine down. I think Word saves its file in the background and tells you next time you staart of any rescued documents it may have you might need to get into.
Incidentally did my fix for your name in speech platform work?

shar-nee-Lee.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Sharni-Lee Ward" <sharni-lee.ward@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Monday, May 02, 2016 12:00 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA still freezing, don't know what the deal is


It just happened again, again while I was writing. My mother came to
help me again and tried to save my work. Word wouldn't respond. She
tried to exit NVDA mannually, but it wouldn't allow her to do that. She
scanned NVDA with Microsoft Security Essentials but nothing came up. I'm
now using the computer without my Braille Display. I don't understand
why it's doing this to me, but I can't think of any other culprit. It's
brand new. We bought it in February and I've barely used it, partly
because of this issue and partly because of the MUD I've been playing.
But I've had it plugged into my computer via USB almost constantly since
I got it and installed the driver. The computer usually starts up with
it plugged in.


Please, someone, help! I want to solve this problem as soon as possible!
I've had about enough of this and I don't want to sacrifice my Braille
Display just because this is happening!


On 2/05/2016 7:10 AM, Sharni-Lee Ward wrote:
I've mentioned this before, but it's been weeks and I don't know if I
got any more useful help after Joseph said to submit a log entry. Which
given the nature of my problem, I doubt would work.


Since I got my Braille Display in February, NVDA has frozen with
alarming regularity. It hasn't been like previous experiences of the
phenomenon either. I used to occasionally have NVDA freeze, but I could
restart the screen reader with alt+ctrl+n. With this situation, I can't.
NVDA completely stops working. It says nothing. The Braille display's
display remains frozen on whatever was last spoken. I can't restart
NVDA, and sometimes can't even shut down the computer without sighted
help. That's the only way to get things working again—shut down and
restart the computer. I used to only experience this soon after startup,
especially when I tried to activate the snapshot with the experimental
UEB table in it, but now I'm having it happen after the computer's been
going for a while, and it happens on both the normal installation and
the brltbl snapshot. Just now, I had it happen while I was writing in a
document. I was typing merrily away when NVDA stopped reporting letters
and the Braille Display, when I checked it, was only displaying the
first two words I'd typed on that line.


This is getting seriously annoying both for me and my mother, who is my
carer. I don't know what's causing this problem but I have a horrible
feeling it's to do with my Focus 40 Blue, as it didn't happen before I
got it. Can anyone shed some light on this? I want it to stop so my
writing and other activities don't keep getting interrupted.






Brian's Mail list account
 

In order to get a log file she would need to go to %temp% straight after a restart and get the old log file into notepad and see what is at the end of it. I suspect, nothing obvious will be seen just an end abruptly.
One thing I was wondering about, one assumes the display has its own psu, but for some odd reason a lot of gadgets these days also use the 5v from the usb to power some of their electronics. If there are quite a few items plugged in via usb, then things tend to run out of current. the way around this is a cheap powered usb hub, this seems to be particularly important on laptops even if working from the mains.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Rui Fontes" <rui.fontes@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Monday, May 02, 2016 12:07 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA still freezing, don't know what the deal is


Hello!

What version of Windows?
What version of MS Office?
What version of NVDA?
The Focus Blue is conected via USB or Bluetooth?
What Braille table are you using?

Can you send a NVDA log file?

Rui

-----Mensagem Original-----
De: Sharni-Lee Ward
Data: segunda-feira, 2 de maio de 2016 00:00
Para: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Assunto: Re: [nvda] NVDA still freezing, don't know what the deal is

It just happened again, again while I was writing. My mother came to
help me again and tried to save my work. Word wouldn't respond. She
tried to exit NVDA mannually, but it wouldn't allow her to do that. She
scanned NVDA with Microsoft Security Essentials but nothing came up. I'm
now using the computer without my Braille Display. I don't understand
why it's doing this to me, but I can't think of any other culprit. It's
brand new. We bought it in February and I've barely used it, partly
because of this issue and partly because of the MUD I've been playing.
But I've had it plugged into my computer via USB almost constantly since
I got it and installed the driver. The computer usually starts up with
it plugged in.


Please, someone, help! I want to solve this problem as soon as possible!
I've had about enough of this and I don't want to sacrifice my Braille
Display just because this is happening!


On 2/05/2016 7:10 AM, Sharni-Lee Ward wrote:
I've mentioned this before, but it's been weeks and I don't know if I
got any more useful help after Joseph said to submit a log entry. Which
given the nature of my problem, I doubt would work.


Since I got my Braille Display in February, NVDA has frozen with
alarming regularity. It hasn't been like previous experiences of the
phenomenon either. I used to occasionally have NVDA freeze, but I could
restart the screen reader with alt+ctrl+n. With this situation, I can't.
NVDA completely stops working. It says nothing. The Braille display's
display remains frozen on whatever was last spoken. I can't restart
NVDA, and sometimes can't even shut down the computer without sighted
help. That's the only way to get things working again-shut down and
restart the computer. I used to only experience this soon after startup,
especially when I tried to activate the snapshot with the experimental
UEB table in it, but now I'm having it happen after the computer's been
going for a while, and it happens on both the normal installation and
the brltbl snapshot. Just now, I had it happen while I was writing in a
document. I was typing merrily away when NVDA stopped reporting letters
and the Braille Display, when I checked it, was only displaying the
first two words I'd typed on that line.


This is getting seriously annoying both for me and my mother, who is my
carer. I don't know what's causing this problem but I have a horrible
feeling it's to do with my Focus 40 Blue, as it didn't happen before I
got it. Can anyone shed some light on this? I want it to stop so my
writing and other activities don't keep getting interrupted.









Brian's Mail list account
 

OK I'll spell out how to get the old log.
When you are back up and running bring up the run box and put in it %temp% and enter
In that folder is a file called nvdaold.log. Load that into notepad and see how it terminates, as this will probably be where any error shows itself just before it froze.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Sharni-Lee Ward" <sharni-lee.ward@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Monday, May 02, 2016 12:26 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA still freezing, don't know what the deal is


Hi,


Windows 7, Ms word 2013 (although it doesn't always happen in Word. It
just did the last two times), NVDA 2016.1, the display is connected via
USB and I'm using the Unified English Grade 2 table for output and the
Unified 8 Dot table for input (unless I use the snapshot, because then I
use the experimental Unified table for output because it has
improvements that make reading easier for me).


I can't send an NVDA log file because NVDA isn't working when this
problem occurs and it only shows a log of the current session when I
open the log viewer. If there's a way to retrieve a previous log from
somewhere, I'd love to hear it.


On 2/05/2016 9:07 AM, Rui Fontes wrote:
Hello!

What version of Windows?
What version of MS Office?
What version of NVDA?
The Focus Blue is conected via USB or Bluetooth?
What Braille table are you using?

Can you send a NVDA log file?

Rui

-----Mensagem Original-----
De: Sharni-Lee Ward
Data: segunda-feira, 2 de maio de 2016 00:00
Para: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Assunto: Re: [nvda] NVDA still freezing, don't know what the deal is

It just happened again, again while I was writing. My mother came to
help me again and tried to save my work. Word wouldn't respond. She
tried to exit NVDA mannually, but it wouldn't allow her to do that. She
scanned NVDA with Microsoft Security Essentials but nothing came up. I'm
now using the computer without my Braille Display. I don't understand
why it's doing this to me, but I can't think of any other culprit. It's
brand new. We bought it in February and I've barely used it, partly
because of this issue and partly because of the MUD I've been playing.
But I've had it plugged into my computer via USB almost constantly since
I got it and installed the driver. The computer usually starts up with
it plugged in.


Please, someone, help! I want to solve this problem as soon as possible!
I've had about enough of this and I don't want to sacrifice my Braille
Display just because this is happening!


On 2/05/2016 7:10 AM, Sharni-Lee Ward wrote:
I've mentioned this before, but it's been weeks and I don't know if I
got any more useful help after Joseph said to submit a log entry. Which
given the nature of my problem, I doubt would work.


Since I got my Braille Display in February, NVDA has frozen with
alarming regularity. It hasn't been like previous experiences of the
phenomenon either. I used to occasionally have NVDA freeze, but I could
restart the screen reader with alt+ctrl+n. With this situation, I can't.
NVDA completely stops working. It says nothing. The Braille display's
display remains frozen on whatever was last spoken. I can't restart
NVDA, and sometimes can't even shut down the computer without sighted
help. That's the only way to get things working again-shut down and
restart the computer. I used to only experience this soon after startup,
especially when I tried to activate the snapshot with the experimental
UEB table in it, but now I'm having it happen after the computer's been
going for a while, and it happens on both the normal installation and
the brltbl snapshot. Just now, I had it happen while I was writing in a
document. I was typing merrily away when NVDA stopped reporting letters
and the Braille Display, when I checked it, was only displaying the
first two words I'd typed on that line.


This is getting seriously annoying both for me and my mother, who is my
carer. I don't know what's causing this problem but I have a horrible
feeling it's to do with my Focus 40 Blue, as it didn't happen before I
got it. Can anyone shed some light on this? I want it to stop so my
writing and other activities don't keep getting interrupted.









Brian's Mail list account
 

I think in the general settings a log setting of input output or debug might be a good thing to do before you start. I have my doubts if the error we see has much to do with the problem.

Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Sharni-Lee Ward" <sharni-lee.ward@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Monday, May 02, 2016 12:43 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA still freezing, don't know what the deal is


Okay, I got the log entry! Here is what it says.


INFO - __main__ (06:55:25):
Starting NVDA
INFO - core.main (06:55:38):
Config dir: C:\Users\pc\AppData\Roaming\nvda
INFO - core.main (06:55:38):
NVDA version 2016.1
INFO - core.main (06:55:38):
Using Windows version 6.1.7601 service pack 1 workstation
INFO - core.main (06:55:38):
Using Python version 2.7.11 (v2.7.11:6d1b6a68f775, Dec 5 2015,
20:32:19) [MSC v.1500 32 bit (Intel)]
INFO - core.main (06:55:38):
Using comtypes version 0.6.2
INFO - external:synthDrivers.ptenglish.SynthDriver.__init__ (06:56:00):
Using eSpeak version 1.48.03 04.Mar.14
INFO - synthDriverHandler.setSynth (06:56:03):
Loaded synthDriver ptenglish
INFO - core.main (06:56:04):
Using wx version 3.0.2.0 msw (classic)
INFO - braille.initialize (06:56:04):
Using liblouis version 2.6.5
INFO - braille.BrailleHandler.setDisplayByName (06:56:04):
Loaded braille display driver freedomScientific, current display has 40
cells.
INFO - brailleInput.initialize (06:56:04):
Braille input initialized
INFO - core.main (06:56:08):
NVDA initialized
ERROR - queueHandler.flushQueue (07:37:52):
Error in func _handleUpdate from eventQueue
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "queueHandler.pyo", line 50, in flushQueue
File "virtualBuffers\__init__.pyo", line 674, in _handleUpdate
File "braille.pyo", line 1643, in handleUpdate
File "braille.pyo", line 904, in update
File "textInfos\offsets.pyo", line 346, in expand
File "virtualBuffers\__init__.pyo", line 314, in _getUnitOffsets
File "textInfos\offsets.pyo", line 328, in _getUnitOffsets
File "virtualBuffers\__init__.pyo", line 256, in _getParagraphOffsets
WindowsError: [Error 1775] A null context handle was passed from the
client to the host during a remote procedure call
INFO - core.onEndSession (08:44:56):
Windows session ending


On 2/05/2016 9:36 AM, Andre Fisher wrote:
You can do that.

1. Open the Run dialog (Windows+R).
2. Type %Temp% in the edit box and press Enter.
3. Press n until you hear nvda-old.log and open it.
4. You can copy the text to an email message and send it here.

On 5/1/16, Sharni-Lee Ward <sharni-lee.ward@...> wrote:
Hi,


Windows 7, Ms word 2013 (although it doesn't always happen in Word. It
just did the last two times), NVDA 2016.1, the display is connected via
USB and I'm using the Unified English Grade 2 table for output and the
Unified 8 Dot table for input (unless I use the snapshot, because then I
use the experimental Unified table for output because it has
improvements that make reading easier for me).


I can't send an NVDA log file because NVDA isn't working when this
problem occurs and it only shows a log of the current session when I
open the log viewer. If there's a way to retrieve a previous log from
somewhere, I'd love to hear it.


On 2/05/2016 9:07 AM, Rui Fontes wrote:
Hello!

What version of Windows?
What version of MS Office?
What version of NVDA?
The Focus Blue is conected via USB or Bluetooth?
What Braille table are you using?

Can you send a NVDA log file?

Rui

-----Mensagem Original-----
De: Sharni-Lee Ward
Data: segunda-feira, 2 de maio de 2016 00:00
Para: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Assunto: Re: [nvda] NVDA still freezing, don't know what the deal is

It just happened again, again while I was writing. My mother came to
help me again and tried to save my work. Word wouldn't respond. She
tried to exit NVDA mannually, but it wouldn't allow her to do that. She
scanned NVDA with Microsoft Security Essentials but nothing came up. I'm
now using the computer without my Braille Display. I don't understand
why it's doing this to me, but I can't think of any other culprit. It's
brand new. We bought it in February and I've barely used it, partly
because of this issue and partly because of the MUD I've been playing.
But I've had it plugged into my computer via USB almost constantly since
I got it and installed the driver. The computer usually starts up with
it plugged in.


Please, someone, help! I want to solve this problem as soon as possible!
I've had about enough of this and I don't want to sacrifice my Braille
Display just because this is happening!


On 2/05/2016 7:10 AM, Sharni-Lee Ward wrote:
I've mentioned this before, but it's been weeks and I don't know if I
got any more useful help after Joseph said to submit a log entry. Which
given the nature of my problem, I doubt would work.


Since I got my Braille Display in February, NVDA has frozen with
alarming regularity. It hasn't been like previous experiences of the
phenomenon either. I used to occasionally have NVDA freeze, but I could
restart the screen reader with alt+ctrl+n. With this situation, I can't.
NVDA completely stops working. It says nothing. The Braille display's
display remains frozen on whatever was last spoken. I can't restart
NVDA, and sometimes can't even shut down the computer without sighted
help. That's the only way to get things working again-shut down and
restart the computer. I used to only experience this soon after startup,
especially when I tried to activate the snapshot with the experimental
UEB table in it, but now I'm having it happen after the computer's been
going for a while, and it happens on both the normal installation and
the brltbl snapshot. Just now, I had it happen while I was writing in a
document. I was typing merrily away when NVDA stopped reporting letters
and the Braille Display, when I checked it, was only displaying the
first two words I'd typed on that line.


This is getting seriously annoying both for me and my mother, who is my
carer. I don't know what's causing this problem but I have a horrible
feeling it's to do with my Focus 40 Blue, as it didn't happen before I
got it. Can anyone shed some light on this? I want it to stop so my
writing and other activities don't keep getting interrupted.












Brian's Mail list account
 

Remember it still crashes in a standard release though so this might be a scarlet fish.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Rui Fontes" <rui.fontes@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Monday, May 02, 2016 12:45 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA still freezing, don't know what the deal is


What experimental Braille table is that? In what Snapshot it is included?

Rui


-----Mensagem Original-----
De: Sharni-Lee Ward
Data: segunda-feira, 2 de maio de 2016 00:37
Para: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Assunto: Re: [nvda] NVDA still freezing, don't know what the deal is



Hi,




Yes, NVDA freezes, and during the last two times this happened, Word froze as well. Other things worked but my mother had to navigate the computer because I could hear nothing. This is, however, not the only time this has happened. I've had to deal with this frequently over the last couple of months, and sometimes it was something as simple as activating the snapshot and changing the Braille Output table from Unified English to the English Unified Experimental table that would trigger this. I used to use the Braille Display to read my Bible every day when I first got on the computer. I have had to forego that practice because setting up the snapshot just after startup almost always necessitated a restart of my computer.





How can I activate Narrator without having speech to begin with? If there's a key command, I'd love to know it.




On 2/05/2016 9:15 AM, Gene wrote:

I'm not sure from your message what is occurring. You say that NVDA is freezing but you also appear to state that Microsoft Word froze as well. Does the program you are working in freeze along with NVDA? Are other programs still running? Why not run narrator and shut down NVDA using task manager and see if that allows things to return to normal. If you want to use the Braille display before a solution is found, we need to try to determine how to deal with the problem so you can continue to do what you were doing without losing material.

Gene
----- Original Message -----
From: Rui Fontes
Sent: Sunday, May 01, 2016 6:07 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA still freezing, don't know what the deal is

Hello!

What version of Windows?
What version of MS Office?
What version of NVDA?
The Focus Blue is conected via USB or Bluetooth?
What Braille table are you using?

Can you send a NVDA log file?

Rui

-----Mensagem Original-----
De: Sharni-Lee Ward
Data: segunda-feira, 2 de maio de 2016 00:00
Para: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Assunto: Re: [nvda] NVDA still freezing, don't know what the deal is

It just happened again, again while I was writing. My mother came to
help me again and tried to save my work. Word wouldn't respond. She
tried to exit NVDA mannually, but it wouldn't allow her to do that. She
scanned NVDA with Microsoft Security Essentials but nothing came up. I'm
now using the computer without my Braille Display. I don't understand
why it's doing this to me, but I can't think of any other culprit. It's
brand new. We bought it in February and I've barely used it, partly
because of this issue and partly because of the MUD I've been playing.
But I've had it plugged into my computer via USB almost constantly since
I got it and installed the driver. The computer usually starts up with
it plugged in.


Please, someone, help! I want to solve this problem as soon as possible!
I've had about enough of this and I don't want to sacrifice my Braille
Display just because this is happening!


On 2/05/2016 7:10 AM, Sharni-Lee Ward wrote:
I've mentioned this before, but it's been weeks and I don't know if I
got any more useful help after Joseph said to submit a log entry. Which
given the nature of my problem, I doubt would work.


Since I got my Braille Display in February, NVDA has frozen with
alarming regularity. It hasn't been like previous experiences of the
phenomenon either. I used to occasionally have NVDA freeze, but I could
restart the screen reader with alt+ctrl+n. With this situation, I can't.
NVDA completely stops working. It says nothing. The Braille display's
display remains frozen on whatever was last spoken. I can't restart
NVDA, and sometimes can't even shut down the computer without sighted
help. That's the only way to get things working again-shut down and
restart the computer. I used to only experience this soon after startup,
especially when I tried to activate the snapshot with the experimental
UEB table in it, but now I'm having it happen after the computer's been
going for a while, and it happens on both the normal installation and
the brltbl snapshot. Just now, I had it happen while I was writing in a
document. I was typing merrily away when NVDA stopped reporting letters
and the Braille Display, when I checked it, was only displaying the
first two words I'd typed on that line.


This is getting seriously annoying both for me and my mother, who is my
carer. I don't know what's causing this problem but I have a horrible
feeling it's to do with my Focus 40 Blue, as it didn't happen before I
got it. Can anyone shed some light on this? I want it to stop so my
writing and other activities don't keep getting interrupted.
















Brian's Mail list account
 

I doubt that or it would not work at all, personally. Some of these installers will have you plugging an unplugging devices several times it seems, presumably to check it can be detected, which it obviously is as otherwise it would not work at all or detect when its not plugged in.

Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Sharni-Lee Ward" <sharni-lee.ward@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Monday, May 02, 2016 1:50 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA still freezing, don't know what the deal is


Hi,


Yes, but you have Windows 10. I have 7.


So I didn't botch the installation or something? That's my biggest fear
right now, that I somehow botched something when I was setting up my
Braille Display.


On 2/05/2016 10:44 AM, Pranav Lal wrote:
Hi Sharni,

I have a similar problem but my log entries are different and my freezing occurs mainly in outlook 2016. Regardless, this is what I do to recover from it without sighted assistance.
1. Hit windows key +l or ctrl+alt+ddel. It depends on whichever key combination works.
2. I get to the login screen.
3. I can then tab to the shutdown button and power off or restart the computer.

OS=Windows 10
NVDA 2016.1
Pranav






Brian's Mail list account
 

With respect, I do not think this is the case here, as it freezes later on.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Rob" <captinlogic@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Monday, May 02, 2016 2:13 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA still freezing, don't know what the deal is


Sharni-Lee Ward <sharni-lee.ward@...> wrote:
NVDA completely stops working. It says nothing. The Braille display's
display remains frozen on whatever was last spoken.
There is a way to get around this, but it is kind of a pain. Here is how.
1. Create another user account on your computer and give it admin rights.
2. The problem with the freeze is caused by LibLouis, not your braille display; it would freeze upno matter what display you have.
3. Next time it freezes, press windows+l
4. Press alt+w for switch user
5. Hit right arrow to land on the user you created
6. Press enter and type its password
7. Press control+shift+delete to land in task manager. Do not start NVDA, because it might freeze again.
8. Hit control+tab to land in the processes list
9. Type the letters nv to land on the nvda.exe process. Press alt+e, alt+y to terminate it.
10. Press windows+l, alt+w to return to your previous windows session. Your user should be the first one in the list; press enter on it and type your password.
11. Restart NVDA. if it freezes once more, repeat the previous steps. It will not always freeze. This is a random event.
12. Once NVDA has successfully started, go into The NVDA menu with NVDA+n
13. Go to braille settings by pressing the letters p and r. Select no braille and press enter.
14. Go back into the NVDA menu and press s for save configuration.
15. Return, once more, to the NVDA menu and press p for preferences and then enter on general settings. Untick the box that says "save configuration on exit."
16. Now, when you start NVDA, you will have no braille. You will have to select your Focus 40 manually on each start. NVDA will not usually freeze if you select a display while it is running. It has always been the case--for me, anyway--that it freezes during startup and a braille display is automatically selected.
I hope this helps.


Sharni-Lee Ward
 

Or I could just not have the display plugged in at startup and only
connect it when I want to use it. :D


Thank you for your insight, though. :D

On 2/05/2016 11:13 AM, Rob wrote:
Sharni-Lee Ward <sharni-lee.ward@...> wrote:
NVDA completely stops working. It says nothing. The Braille display's
display remains frozen on whatever was last spoken.
There is a way to get around this, but it is kind of a pain. Here is how.
1. Create another user account on your computer and give it admin rights.
2. The problem with the freeze is caused by LibLouis, not your braille
display; it would freeze upno matter what display you have.
3. Next time it freezes, press windows+l
4. Press alt+w for switch user
5. Hit right arrow to land on the user you created
6. Press enter and type its password
7. Press control+shift+delete to land in task manager. Do not start
NVDA, because it might freeze again.
8. Hit control+tab to land in the processes list
9. Type the letters nv to land on the nvda.exe process. Press alt+e,
alt+y to terminate it.
10. Press windows+l, alt+w to return to your previous windows session.
Your user should be the first one in the list; press enter on it and
type your password.
11. Restart NVDA. if it freezes once more, repeat the previous steps.
It will not always freeze. This is a random event.
12. Once NVDA has successfully started, go into The NVDA menu with NVDA+n
13. Go to braille settings by pressing the letters p and r. Select no
braille and press enter.
14. Go back into the NVDA menu and press s for save configuration.
15. Return, once more, to the NVDA menu and press p for preferences
and then enter on general settings. Untick the box that says "save
configuration on exit."
16. Now, when you start NVDA, you will have no braille. You will have
to select your Focus 40 manually on each start. NVDA will not usually
freeze if you select a display while it is running. It has always been
the case--for me, anyway--that it freezes during startup and a braille
display is automatically selected.
I hope this helps.



Brian's Mail list account
 

I don't think its malware, reading the thread it sounds like the braill table part of nvda and the master snapshots are supposed to have now fixed it. Its been a while since I had a computer with one of those displays. fartoo expensive for the low usage I have.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Arlene" <nedster66@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Monday, May 02, 2016 4:15 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA still freezing, don't know what the deal is


Hi there: Do you think your computer could have mellwhere to cause this
freezing?

-----Original Message-----
From: Rob [mailto:captinlogic@...]
Sent: May-01-16 6:31 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA still freezing, don't know what the deal is

Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:
Why wouldn't my workaround accomplish the same end but more easily.
Because most of the keyboard is frozen when this freeze happens. The only
thing that works is the windows key and some function keys.





Sharni-Lee Ward
 

No, I do not have a backup screen reader. NVDA is the only free one I
know of and I am happy with it. I considered getting a Braille Display
more beneficial than Jaws, which I would have to pay $500 per year to
keep updated. And I don't have the bandwidth to even download the demo.
I don't like Jaws anyway. I was never taught how to properly use most
Jaws specific commands when I did use it in school. That was ten years
ago now, so it likely wouldn't help me much anyways.

On 2/05/2016 1:30 PM, Arlene wrote:
Hi, What other screen reader do you have on your computer? If you have a back up screen reader besides NVDA why not try it to make sure it's not your Braille Display? It sounds like you might have botched up a setting while setting it up for it to run on NVDA. If it works on your back up screen reader, then there's something up with a setting for NVDA.

-----Original Message-----
From: Sharni-Lee Ward [mailto:sharni-lee.ward@...]
Sent: May-01-16 4:01 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA still freezing, don't know what the deal is

It just happened again, again while I was writing. My mother came to
help me again and tried to save my work. Word wouldn't respond. She
tried to exit NVDA mannually, but it wouldn't allow her to do that. She
scanned NVDA with Microsoft Security Essentials but nothing came up. I'm
now using the computer without my Braille Display. I don't understand
why it's doing this to me, but I can't think of any other culprit. It's
brand new. We bought it in February and I've barely used it, partly
because of this issue and partly because of the MUD I've been playing.
But I've had it plugged into my computer via USB almost constantly since
I got it and installed the driver. The computer usually starts up with
it plugged in.


Please, someone, help! I want to solve this problem as soon as possible!
I've had about enough of this and I don't want to sacrifice my Braille
Display just because this is happening!


On 2/05/2016 7:10 AM, Sharni-Lee Ward wrote:
I've mentioned this before, but it's been weeks and I don't know if I
got any more useful help after Joseph said to submit a log entry. Which
given the nature of my problem, I doubt would work.


Since I got my Braille Display in February, NVDA has frozen with
alarming regularity. It hasn't been like previous experiences of the
phenomenon either. I used to occasionally have NVDA freeze, but I could
restart the screen reader with alt+ctrl+n. With this situation, I can't.
NVDA completely stops working. It says nothing. The Braille display's
display remains frozen on whatever was last spoken. I can't restart
NVDA, and sometimes can't even shut down the computer without sighted
help. That's the only way to get things working again—shut down and
restart the computer. I used to only experience this soon after startup,
especially when I tried to activate the snapshot with the experimental
UEB table in it, but now I'm having it happen after the computer's been
going for a while, and it happens on both the normal installation and
the brltbl snapshot. Just now, I had it happen while I was writing in a
document. I was typing merrily away when NVDA stopped reporting letters
and the Braille Display, when I checked it, was only displaying the
first two words I'd typed on that line.


This is getting seriously annoying both for me and my mother, who is my
carer. I don't know what's causing this problem but I have a horrible
feeling it's to do with my Focus 40 Blue, as it didn't happen before I
got it. Can anyone shed some light on this? I want it to stop so my
writing and other activities don't keep getting interrupted.









Sharni-Lee Ward
 

Hi Brian,


That does seem to match up with my mother's description of what was
going on on the screen. I'm going to start connecting it manually
instead of having it be connected at startup and NVDA configured to use
it automatically. I may simply have been typing too fast in Word for the
code to keep up (although as I said this doesn't happen just in Word).


Also, That fix sounds horrible and unnatural. I wish there were ways to
make words be emphasised the way you want them to be, and that the
method worked across the board instead of in just one synth, but you
can't have everything...

On 2/05/2016 6:33 PM, Brian's Mail list account wrote:
Obviously if you are certain that the problem does not occur whenits
not connected you have proved the issue is that. Next you need to see
if there is a newer version of the driver perhaps?
Not having tried this display, I'm a bit useless on this aspect.
Are there any other bits ofsoftware on the computer that can use the
display that might be able to test f its just nvda or if its a more
general problem. It sounds like a hang not exactly a crash, ie its
going around in circles and not getting out of a loop.
If it happens at a non critical time, what happens if you do the short
tap on the power button which in my case seems to break out of a
crashed piece of software back to a a working condition again.
Too long of course will shut the machine down. I think Word saves its
file in the background and tells you next time you staart of any
rescued documents it may have you might need to get into.
Incidentally did my fix for your name in speech platform work?

shar-nee-Lee.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Sharni-Lee Ward"
<sharni-lee.ward@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Monday, May 02, 2016 12:00 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA still freezing, don't know what the deal is


It just happened again, again while I was writing. My mother came to
help me again and tried to save my work. Word wouldn't respond. She
tried to exit NVDA mannually, but it wouldn't allow her to do that. She
scanned NVDA with Microsoft Security Essentials but nothing came up. I'm
now using the computer without my Braille Display. I don't understand
why it's doing this to me, but I can't think of any other culprit. It's
brand new. We bought it in February and I've barely used it, partly
because of this issue and partly because of the MUD I've been playing.
But I've had it plugged into my computer via USB almost constantly since
I got it and installed the driver. The computer usually starts up with
it plugged in.


Please, someone, help! I want to solve this problem as soon as possible!
I've had about enough of this and I don't want to sacrifice my Braille
Display just because this is happening!


On 2/05/2016 7:10 AM, Sharni-Lee Ward wrote:
I've mentioned this before, but it's been weeks and I don't know if I
got any more useful help after Joseph said to submit a log entry. Which
given the nature of my problem, I doubt would work.


Since I got my Braille Display in February, NVDA has frozen with
alarming regularity. It hasn't been like previous experiences of the
phenomenon either. I used to occasionally have NVDA freeze, but I could
restart the screen reader with alt+ctrl+n. With this situation, I
can't.
NVDA completely stops working. It says nothing. The Braille display's
display remains frozen on whatever was last spoken. I can't restart
NVDA, and sometimes can't even shut down the computer without sighted
help. That's the only way to get things working again—shut down and
restart the computer. I used to only experience this soon after
startup,
especially when I tried to activate the snapshot with the experimental
UEB table in it, but now I'm having it happen after the computer's been
going for a while, and it happens on both the normal installation and
the brltbl snapshot. Just now, I had it happen while I was writing in a
document. I was typing merrily away when NVDA stopped reporting letters
and the Braille Display, when I checked it, was only displaying the
first two words I'd typed on that line.


This is getting seriously annoying both for me and my mother, who is my
carer. I don't know what's causing this problem but I have a horrible
feeling it's to do with my Focus 40 Blue, as it didn't happen before I
got it. Can anyone shed some light on this? I want it to stop so my
writing and other activities don't keep getting interrupted.









Sharni-Lee Ward
 

Hi Brian,


That does seem to match up with my mother's description of what was
going on on the screen. I'm going to start connecting it manually
instead of having it be connected at startup and NVDA configured to use
it automatically. I may simply have been typing too fast in Word for the
code to keep up (although as I said this doesn't happen just in Word).


Also, That fix sounds horrible and unnatural. I wish there were ways to
make words be emphasised the way you want them to be, and that the
method worked across the board instead of in just one synth, but you
can't have everything...

On 2/05/2016 6:33 PM, Brian's Mail list account wrote:
Obviously if you are certain that the problem does not occur whenits
not connected you have proved the issue is that. Next you need to see
if there is a newer version of the driver perhaps?
Not having tried this display, I'm a bit useless on this aspect.
Are there any other bits ofsoftware on the computer that can use the
display that might be able to test f its just nvda or if its a more
general problem. It sounds like a hang not exactly a crash, ie its
going around in circles and not getting out of a loop.
If it happens at a non critical time, what happens if you do the short
tap on the power button which in my case seems to break out of a
crashed piece of software back to a a working condition again.
Too long of course will shut the machine down. I think Word saves its
file in the background and tells you next time you staart of any
rescued documents it may have you might need to get into.
Incidentally did my fix for your name in speech platform work?

shar-nee-Lee.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Sharni-Lee Ward"
<sharni-lee.ward@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Monday, May 02, 2016 12:00 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA still freezing, don't know what the deal is


It just happened again, again while I was writing. My mother came to
help me again and tried to save my work. Word wouldn't respond. She
tried to exit NVDA mannually, but it wouldn't allow her to do that. She
scanned NVDA with Microsoft Security Essentials but nothing came up. I'm
now using the computer without my Braille Display. I don't understand
why it's doing this to me, but I can't think of any other culprit. It's
brand new. We bought it in February and I've barely used it, partly
because of this issue and partly because of the MUD I've been playing.
But I've had it plugged into my computer via USB almost constantly since
I got it and installed the driver. The computer usually starts up with
it plugged in.


Please, someone, help! I want to solve this problem as soon as possible!
I've had about enough of this and I don't want to sacrifice my Braille
Display just because this is happening!


On 2/05/2016 7:10 AM, Sharni-Lee Ward wrote:
I've mentioned this before, but it's been weeks and I don't know if I
got any more useful help after Joseph said to submit a log entry. Which
given the nature of my problem, I doubt would work.


Since I got my Braille Display in February, NVDA has frozen with
alarming regularity. It hasn't been like previous experiences of the
phenomenon either. I used to occasionally have NVDA freeze, but I could
restart the screen reader with alt+ctrl+n. With this situation, I
can't.
NVDA completely stops working. It says nothing. The Braille display's
display remains frozen on whatever was last spoken. I can't restart
NVDA, and sometimes can't even shut down the computer without sighted
help. That's the only way to get things working again—shut down and
restart the computer. I used to only experience this soon after
startup,
especially when I tried to activate the snapshot with the experimental
UEB table in it, but now I'm having it happen after the computer's been
going for a while, and it happens on both the normal installation and
the brltbl snapshot. Just now, I had it happen while I was writing in a
document. I was typing merrily away when NVDA stopped reporting letters
and the Braille Display, when I checked it, was only displaying the
first two words I'd typed on that line.


This is getting seriously annoying both for me and my mother, who is my
carer. I don't know what's causing this problem but I have a horrible
feeling it's to do with my Focus 40 Blue, as it didn't happen before I
got it. Can anyone shed some light on this? I want it to stop so my
writing and other activities don't keep getting interrupted.









Sharni-Lee Ward
 

If the master snapshots fixed it, does this mean the next release (which
is hopefully coming sometime this month or next) will have the fix?
Because if so, I can just change the configuration so I have to connect
it manually when I want to use it, which isn't a problem as I usually
have to re-activate the Braille settings if I have to disconnect the
display for one reason or another, or if the computer's put to sleep. If
the fix is implemented next release, I'll adjust the configuration
again. If it does happen again despite this measure, I will try Gene's
method, although I suspect it will be fine. Thank you everyone for all
your help and tips, and at least I know how to retrieve old log messages
now! :D

On 2/05/2016 7:02 PM, Brian's Mail list account wrote:
I don't think its malware, reading the thread it sounds like the
braill table part of nvda and the master snapshots are supposed to
have now fixed it. Its been a while since I had a computer with one of
those displays. fartoo expensive for the low usage I have.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Arlene" <nedster66@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Monday, May 02, 2016 4:15 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA still freezing, don't know what the deal is


Hi there: Do you think your computer could have mellwhere to cause this
freezing?

-----Original Message-----
From: Rob [mailto:captinlogic@...]
Sent: May-01-16 6:31 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA still freezing, don't know what the deal is

Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:
Why wouldn't my workaround accomplish the same end but more easily.
Because most of the keyboard is frozen when this freeze happens. The
only
thing that works is the windows key and some function keys.