NVDA to not read columns and rows in webpages

Saylor Cooper

Hello, I’m trying to figure out how to get NVDA to stop reading columns and rows especially on webpages whenever I don’t need that information. Thanks.

Saylor Cooper

Monte Single

You have to go settings, page format, and uncheck columns and rows.
This page format section of settings has a huge selection of items to choose from; it is worth reviewing more than once to get things tuned the way you like.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Saylor Cooper
Sent: October 20, 2021 10:36 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] NVDA to not read columns and rows in webpages

Hello, I’m trying to figure out how to get NVDA to stop reading columns and rows especially on webpages whenever I don’t need that information. Thanks.

Saylor Cooper

Jujube

Hi Saylor, I think you're referring to the reading of tables. You need to go to document formatting settings (NVDA control D), tab a bunch of times, and uncheck "row and column headers" or any of the other table reading settings. Hope this helps.

On Wed, Oct 20, 2021 at 9:35 AM Saylor Cooper <saylorcooper1@...> wrote:

Saylor Cooper

Saylor Cooper

Yes I got it thanks everyone.

Saylor Cooper

On Oct 20, 2021, at 11:48 AM, Jujube <ellaxyu@...> wrote:

Hi Saylor, I think you're referring to the reading of tables. You need to go to document formatting settings (NVDA control D), tab a bunch of times, and uncheck "row and column headers" or any of the other table reading settings. Hope this helps.

Saylor Cooper

Monte Single

My bad, it should read "document format" not page format.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Monte Single
Sent: October 20, 2021 10:41 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA to not read columns and rows in webpages

You have to go settings, page format, and uncheck columns and rows.
This page format section of settings has a huge selection of items to choose from; it is worth reviewing more than once to get things tuned the way you like.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Saylor Cooper
Sent: October 20, 2021 10:36 AM
Subject: [nvda] NVDA to not read columns and rows in webpages

Saylor Cooper

Rui Fontes

First create a profile and then make the changes...

That way the changes will affect only what you want...

Rui Fontes

Às 17:56 de 20/10/2021, Saylor Cooper escreveu:

Yes I got it thanks everyone.

Saylor Cooper

On Oct 20, 2021, at 11:48 AM, Jujube <ellaxyu@...> wrote:

Saylor Cooper