NVDA with Team Viewer.

Ravindran V.S.

Hi Group,

The latest NVDA Version 22.1 and Team Viewer latest versions does not provide any useful accessibility.

I am not too sure which has caused this problem. Because I have both latest versions running.

When I open Team Viewer NVDA does not speak anything. Earlier can move with Tab and get into the menu and other required cells.

But now nothing.

Even Object navigation does not provide much help.

Anything am I missing or doing wrong?

Team Viewer was fairly accessible with NVDA rather than Any-Desk. But now giving problem.

Kindly advice.

Thanks,

Ravi.

Ravindran V.S.

This is in my Windows 10 with H2 version.

The latest NVDA Version 22.1 and Team Viewer latest versions does not provide any useful accessibility.

I am not too sure which has caused this problem. Because I have both latest versions running.

When I open Team Viewer NVDA does not speak anything. Earlier can move with Tab and get into the menu and other required cells.

But now nothing.

Even Object navigation does not provide much help.

Anything am I missing or doing wrong?

Team Viewer was fairly accessible with NVDA rather than Any-Desk. But now giving problem.

Kindly advice.

Thanks,

Ravi.

Chris Tromborg

I have had exactly the same experience.

Chris Tromborg, Ph.D.

Mountain Lion Foundation

Feline Conservation Foundation

Behavioral Enrichment for Captive Animals

Animal Communication, Behavior, & Cognition

Feline Conservation & Biology

1-530-902-2763 Cell

cattromborg@...

www.christromborg.com

This is in my Windows 10 with H2 version.

The latest NVDA Version 22.1 and Team Viewer latest versions does not provide any useful accessibility.

I am not too sure which has caused this problem. Because I have both latest versions running.

When I open Team Viewer NVDA does not speak anything. Earlier can move with Tab and get into the menu and other required cells.

But now nothing.

Even Object navigation does not provide much help.

Anything am I missing or doing wrong?

Team Viewer was fairly accessible with NVDA rather than Any-Desk. But now giving problem.

Kindly advice.

Thanks,

Ravi.

Brian's Mail list account

I'm pretty certain its team viewer. I say this as I had a remote session with a sighted friend and when we started I had an older team viewer and all was sweetness and light. However he decided to do the update on my machine while he was sorting out a problem, and ever since its been the electronic equivalent of a brick.
I think the quick connect temp version will still work, but if you want to do the driving, then they have mucked something up, and I bet its something really stupid. I have not contacted them, as I seldom need it, but it just goes to show that companies still do not do accessibility testing before they unleash new versions.

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.(Virgin media)
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

<mailto:cattromborg@...> cattromborg@...

<http://www.christromborg.com> www.christromborg.com

This is in my Windows 10 with H2 version.

The latest NVDA Version 22.1 and Team Viewer latest versions does not
provide any useful accessibility.

I am not too sure which has caused this problem. Because I have both latest
versions running.

When I open Team Viewer NVDA does not speak anything. Earlier can move with
Tab and get into the menu and other required cells.

But now nothing.

Even Object navigation does not provide much help.

Anything am I missing or doing wrong?

Team Viewer was fairly accessible with NVDA rather than Any-Desk. But now
giving problem.

Kindly advice.

Thanks,

Ravi.

Ravindran V.S.

Thanks Brian.
Is there a way that we could report about this to the Team Viewer support?
Regards,
Ravi.

This is in my Windows 10 with H2 version.

The latest NVDA Version 22.1 and Team Viewer latest versions does not
provide any useful accessibility.

I am not too sure which has caused this problem. Because I have both latest
versions running.

When I open Team Viewer NVDA does not speak anything. Earlier can move with
Tab and get into the menu and other required cells.

But now nothing.

Even Object navigation does not provide much help.

Anything am I missing or doing wrong?

Team Viewer was fairly accessible with NVDA rather than Any-Desk. But now
giving problem.

Kindly advice.

Thanks,

Ravi.

Sarah k Alawami

I can reproduce this.  It is a team viewer issue. I’m lucky though my aira agent can just snap a pic of the screen and  grab the codes that way.  I hope they do fix this, although I don’t think I’ll be needing TeamViewer much longer.

The latest NVDA Version 22.1 and Team Viewer latest versions does not provide any useful accessibility.

I am not too sure which has caused this problem. Because I have both latest versions running.

When I open Team Viewer NVDA does not speak anything. Earlier can move with Tab and get into the menu and other required cells.

But now nothing.

Even Object navigation does not provide much help.

Anything am I missing or doing wrong?

Team Viewer was fairly accessible with NVDA rather than Any-Desk. But now giving problem.

Kindly advice.

Thanks,

Ravi.

Brian's Mail list account

I have no contact with them. I would hope somebody might have though and get them to fix it. This sort of regression is all too common in software.

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.(Virgin media)
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

The latest NVDA Version 22.1 and Team Viewer latest versions does not
provide any useful accessibility.

I am not too sure which has caused this problem. Because I have both latest
versions running.

When I open Team Viewer NVDA does not speak anything. Earlier can move with
Tab and get into the menu and other required cells.

But now nothing.

Even Object navigation does not provide much help.

Anything am I missing or doing wrong?

Team Viewer was fairly accessible with NVDA rather than Any-Desk. But now
giving problem.

Kindly advice.

Thanks,

Ravi.

Brian's Mail list account

So if anyone has a contact and need some us to say me too to make it more urgent, just post the contact details here, please.