NVDA with WhatsApp.

Ravindran V.S.

Hello Team,
Greetings!
NVDA accessibility with the What's App desktop application is very poor as at now.
As suggested by the NVDA Team earlier, I contacted the WA Support Team and they are very positive to improve on this area.
However, they requested me to send a video demo of the way it works in the desktop.
But, my several attempts to record the issues in short videos did not work. For some reason even videos of 7 minutes or 5 minutes could not be sent from my phone.
In the initial page, NVDA just says "Button" without the labels."
Also, opening any attachments, video or audio is not simple with a click.
Scrolling through the chat list is also a concern as at now.
There may be more.
Therefore, would someone here with technical expertise be able to do a video recording and send to the WA Support Team as the accessibility issues please?
Thank you, have a pleasant day!
Ravi.

The following 30 minute YouTube tutorial, How to access whatsapp in laptop or desktop using NVDA screen reader by Saagar SK, may prove helpful to you.  It dates from the end of 2021, so isn't very old.

The tutorial narration is not in English.  I am not "good enough" with the languages of India to say which one it actually is.  NVDA itself is announcing in English throughout.

     ~ Ursula LeGuin, The Dispossessed

Sarah k Alawami

No need to use yrou phone, use obs to record directg from from the pc. . I can if I'm not too busy do one later today. As I have a lot of issues, not as many as you do as I sort of know the kinks. I will send you the final result off list.

Sarah Alawami, owner of TFFP. .

For more info go to our website. . to subscribe to the feed click here

Our discord is where you will know when we go live on youtube, twitch and odysee. Thanks Restream staff.

Videos of some of our podcasts can be found on odysee

You can support the podcast by subscribing via the tip jar. You will get early access episodes plus no adds. If you cannot do that, then leave a 5 star rating on our podcast using your podcast directory's rating system.

On 20 May 2022, at 8:05, Ravindran V.S. wrote:

[...]

Fawaz Abdul rahman

Hi,
The whatsapp beta for windows 10 and above is quite accessible, but it is missing some functionalities such as the ability to record voice messages.
You can try it from here if you're on windows 10 or above:
good luck.

On Fri, May 20, 2022 at 6:16 PM Ravindran V.S. <ravivssl@...> wrote:
[...]

Sim Kah Yong

Hi, have you tried the Whatsapp desktop add-on?

You can find it at this site:

https://nvda-addons.org/

Hope this help.

On 20/5/2022 11:05 pm, Ravindran V.S. wrote:
[...]

Ok, my Spanish is not all that good to make out what the text says. Can there be a translated copy on the what's app desktop page?

[...]

I know nothing about Spanish also. But if you go to the first combo box at the site and select "English", Google will help translate it for you. Hope it help.

On 21/5/2022 9:08 am, Sarah k Alawami wrote:
[...]

Hi Sim,
Thank you for sharing the link.
Yes, I had this installed already, still I downloaded from the link you mentioned and tried.
It does not make any difference.
Thank you.
Ravi.

[...]

I have not tried this yet.

Will check on this.

Thanks,

Ravi.

[...]

Thank you for sharing.

Let me go through it to see of the useful tips.

Regards,

Ravi.