NVDARemote (iOS/iPadOS, Free) 1.0 released

hurrikennyandopo ...

Hi guys

I got a message in my inbox yesterday to say the following app now has gone to version 1.0

This is for a apple device.

NVDARemote (iOS/iPadOS, Free)

NVDARemote is an app to remote control a NVDA screen reader. This app is the client software, you have to setup a separate NVDARemote server in your network.
To use this app, you’ll need an external keyboard. After the connection is established, all inputs made on the external keyboard will be forwarded to the NVDARemote server, including the special keys Strg, Alt, Windows, Esc, F1–12 and so on.
Current Version: 1.0 (July 12, 2021)

The link to the page where you can get the app from is https://apps.apple.com/us/app/nvdaremote/id1560008403?ign-mpt=uo%3D4

Even though this email is for the the first app there may be some of you that I know will ask is there a version for android.

Controlling your NVDA screen reader remotely via an Android smart phone app
If you are an Android user you can download an app so that you can use NVDA remotely.
Narwhal, short for Nonvisual Android Remote Windows Handy Access for all, is an NVDA remote Android client, allowing you to control your Windows pc from wherever you are. Since NVDA Remote is a screen reader addon without image support, this app can only be used by visually impaired persons familiar with this technology. Find out more about NVDA Remote at NVDARemote.com

To find out more about this app or to download it to your Android phone, please go to the following web page at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=im.vortex.narwall&hl=en&gl=US

The mods would like this not to go on for heaps of messages. if there is some one that can give directions off list to set either the apple version up or the android one can you let us know and I can put the directions onto a web page on what to do.

Gene nz

On Mon, Aug 2, 2021 at 04:04 PM, hurrikennyandopo ... wrote:
if there is some one that can give directions off list to set either the apple version up or the android one can you let us know and I can put the directions onto a web page on what to do.
-
This is a kinda-sorta gray area for me, in that it's NVDA related, but not on the native platform.  If heavy duty discussion of other NVDA Remote for iOS or Android is desired, I am asking that dedicated topics for each be created in the Chat Subgroup, as the focus will most likely be getting the app configured under its native OS, at least initially, and that's not NVDA related, per se.

It would probably be better even to keep discussion of use of either of those on the Chat Subgroup since it would be so distinctive to the platform of the NVDA Remote app that it really doesn't translate to the PC platform, NVDA's main "home."

         ~Martin Luther King, Jr.