If I ever get a actual well paying contract or something or win loto or something which gets me a load of cash though I'm going to buy it.

I found the program a seemless experience using both abbyy and omnipage engines with braille translation and pdf viewing second to none and it would always be the prefured scanner of choice.

I use abbyy fine reader and while that and knfb does work well enough, I would prefur it as it saved my rear many times.

On 11/01/2020 5:57 pm, Monte Single wrote:
Yes,

It is a great program; toobad the k 1000 costs a thousand dollars, but loaded with bells and whistles.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Shaun Everiss
Sent: January-10-20 7:22 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] OCR

Hmph.
I did not know that.
So I guess we can view the knfb reader is the kurzweil home version with just basic scanning and ocr without the other stuff.
Now eventually I plan to get the regular k1000 as I used it at university for various things, including braille conversion, and its a really good program.

On 11/01/2020, Monte Single <mrsingle@...> wrote:
Hi Shaun,

The k in knfb comes from Kurzweil.

The earliest versions of Kurzweil scanning software go back to the
seventies.

On 2020-01-08 4:43 p.m., Kerryn Gunness via Groups.Io wrote:

i use abby

i use abby

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Web: www.nvaccess.org <http://www.nvaccess.org>

Best Regards
Bhavya Shah
Stanford University | Class of 2024
E-mail Address: bhavya.shah125@...

Monte Single

Hi Bhavya,

In terms of accuracy, there is no real difference between Fine Reader and Kurzweil; this is because Kurzweil uses the Fine Reader ocr engine.
The huge difference is in the cost and features.
Kurzweil costs about five times as much as Fine Reader, about 1000 u s dollars for the current version of Kurzweil.
Kurzweil is software specificly designed for blind, vi, users.

You can go to;

www.kurzweileducom

and download or request a demo of the current version of Kurzweil.

Hopefully, others will comment further.

On 2020-01-08 4:43 p.m., Kerryn Gunness via Groups.Io wrote:

i use abby