Odd E-mails From NVDA List

Ron Canazzi

Hi Group,

I don't know if this is Spam or something odd is happening. I am getting an e-mail in foreign language from the following e-mail address appearing on this list.
vigilancia@...

It appears to be in response to some messages I send, but I can't understand the language.

--
Signature:

Jackie

I've never seen an email, either in my spam folder or inbox, from that
address, whether on or off this list.

Do you know how to check message headers?

On 5/16/22, Ron Canazzi <aa2vm@...> wrote:
Hi Group,

I don't know if this is Spam or something odd is happening. I am getting
an e-mail in foreign language from the following e-mail address
appearing on this list.
vigilancia@...

It appears to be in response to some messages I send, but I can't
understand the language.

--
Signature:
For a nation to admit it has done grevous wrongs and will strive to correct
them for the betterment of all is no vice;
For a nation to claim it has always been great, needs no improvement and to
cling to its past achievements is no virtue!

Jackie

This is an Argentinian pharmaceutical company. So I doubt you'd find
it here. I'm rather suspecting that this email has been spoofed, but,
seriously, you need to provide message headers to someone
knowledgeable regarding their interpretation.

On 5/16/22, Jackie via groups.io <abletec@...> wrote:
[...]

Regardless of where they are actually coming from, it's not Groups.io (or at least the NVDA list).  Every message handled is logged, even those that are rejected (and, believe me, spammers target all mailing lists, so we have plenty of rejections) and there is nothing in the log that matches any part of the email address provided.

     ~ Ursula LeGuin, The Dispossessed