Topics

Odd one with Add-On Updater

Roger Stewart

When I started up this morning, I got a notice from add on updater that a new version of the mp3 direct cut add on is available.  I did update to the latest version yesterday.  I actually have 20.12 installed but add on updater thinks that 19.12 is the current version.  For now I'll just tell add on updater to not check for updates of this add on but hope this can get fixed.

Roger

If memory serves Add-On Updater uses files created by the add-on developers to determine what is the latest version.  I seem to remember this occurring once or twice in the past when an add-on itself was updated but there was an oversight about updating the file that Add-On Updater uses to determine what the latest version is.

It would also make sense, at least to me, that if what Add-On Updater sees as the currently installed add-on version number is higher than whatever is indicated as the latest version in the reference file that it would accept that add-on as current, notifying the user that it has done so.  I don't know whether it would be possible to trigger an e-mail to the add-on developer if this situation occurs, but that would likely be helpful in resolving this sort of issue promptly as well.  Never having seen the code nor programmed in Python, I really don't know whether either one of these things would be a so-called "easy fix" or close to impossible.

        ~ Thomas Reed Powell

Hi everyone,

This is not the fault of Add-on Updater, but rather due to system changes being made to the server the add-on uses to check for updates. I’ll notify add-ons community and NV Access. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Cheers,

Joseph