Topics

Office Repair for Outlook Issue

Louis Maher

Hello Jane,

I am not sure about your outlook issue.  One thing you might try is to do an online repair of office.

Close all office applications, hit the windows key, type programs and features, hit enter on remove applications, tab to the search field, enter office, tab to the list of programs, arrow down to Microsoft office, hit enter, tab to modify, and do an online repair from that point.  You might call the disability help desk to help you do this.

After the repair, you might have to put your Excel patch back.

Regards

Louis Maher

Phone: 713-444-7838

E-mail ljmaher03@...

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jane Carona
Sent: Saturday, June 6, 2020 4:34 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io; nvda@groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Editing an Excel cell with a Braille display

Oh wonderful, Louis, thanks so much! That worked like a charm!  Now I can edit cells as usual!  Thanank you!

Now today’s problem is that when I’m in outlook, typing a message, NVDA freezes and I have to hit control-alt-N to get it back, and sometimes I lose the message I was typing.  It worked fine till I had a guy from Microsoft accessibility yesterday who wanted to reinstall my NVDA to fix the Excel problem, and ever since then it’s done this.  I even had to go back into Jaws to tyhpe a message today!  But I haven’t given up yet.

Jane

Jane Carona <jane.e.carona@...>

Thanks, I’ll try this, but I’m certainly not calling Microsoft accessibility, they were the people that got me in this mess in the first place.  Thanks again!

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Louis Maher
Sent: Saturday, June 6, 2020 6:54 AM
Subject: [nvda] Office Repair for Outlook Issue

Hello Jane,

I am not sure about your outlook issue.  One thing you might try is to do an online repair of office.

Close all office applications, hit the windows key, type programs and features, hit enter on remove applications, tab to the search field, enter office, tab to the list of programs, arrow down to Microsoft office, hit enter, tab to modify, and do an online repair from that point.  You might call the disability help desk to help you do this.

After the repair, you might have to put your Excel patch back.

Regards

Louis Maher

Phone: 713-444-7838

E-mail ljmaher03@...

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jane Carona
Sent: Saturday, June 6, 2020 4:34 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Editing an Excel cell with a Braille display

Oh wonderful, Louis, thanks so much! That worked like a charm!  Now I can edit cells as usual!  Thanank you!

Now today’s problem is that when I’m in outlook, typing a message, NVDA freezes and I have to hit control-alt-N to get it back, and sometimes I lose the message I was typing.  It worked fine till I had a guy from Microsoft accessibility yesterday who wanted to reinstall my NVDA to fix the Excel problem, and ever since then it’s done this.  I even had to go back into Jaws to tyhpe a message today!  But I haven’t given up yet.

Jane