Check the corresponding checkbox if you want to type using only one hand, or ensure it's not checked if you prefer to type using the standard mode (two hands).

If anyone can point me in the right direction, that would be fantastic :)

All the best

Jacob Kruger

Invoke NVDA context menu, using NVDA + N, open preferences, and, hit enter on settings, and, in the list of categories, find PC Keyboard Braille Input, and, then you can tab over to the checkbox to allow you to switch between single-handed and two-handed modes?

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA

On 2020-01-30 10:41 AM, rob.larmour via Groups.Io wrote:
Hi everyone,

I've just downloaded and installed the following Addin

https://addons.nvda-project.org/addons/pcKeyboardBrailleInput.en.html

However I cannot get it to work, the issue is I cannot find the following checkbox

Check the corresponding checkbox if you want to type using only one hand, or ensure it's not checked if you prefer to type using the standard mode (two hands).

If anyone can point me in the right direction, that would be fantastic :)

All the best

Rob Larmour

Hi,

Thanks for the quick response:

1.      Invoke the NVDA context menu, using NVDA + N,

2.       open preferences, and, hit enter on settings,

3.       and, in the list of categories, find PC Keyboard Braille Input

I cant see PC Keyboard Braille, Am I in the right place?

Regards

Rob Larmour

Resource and Technical Support Officer,

Inclusive Educational Service

Sensory, Physical & Medical Team,

North Yorkshire County Council

County Hall

Northallerton

DL7 8AD

Telephone: 07966319927

Email: rob.larmour@...

www.northyorks.gov.uk

On 2020-01-30 10:41 AM, rob.larmour via Groups.Io wrote:

Hi everyone,

I've just downloaded and installed the following Addin

https://addons.nvda-project.org/addons/pcKeyboardBrailleInput.en.html

However I cannot get it to work, the issue is I cannot find the following checkbox

Check the corresponding checkbox if you want to type using only one hand, or ensure it's not checked if you prefer to type using the standard mode (two hands).

If anyone can point me in the right direction, that would be fantastic :)

All the best

Access your county council services online 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at www.northyorks.gov.uk.

WARNING

Any opinions or statements expressed in this e-mail are those of the individual and not necessarily those of North Yorkshire County Council.

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and solely for the use of the intended recipient. If you receive this in error, please do not disclose any information to anyone, notify the sender at the above address and then destroy all copies.

North Yorkshire County Council’s computer systems and communications may be monitored to ensure effective operation of the system and for other lawful purposes. All GCSX traffic may be subject to recording and/or monitoring in accordance with relevant legislation.

Although we have endeavoured to ensure that this e-mail and any attachments are free from any virus we would advise you to take any necessary steps to ensure that they are actually virus free.

If you receive an automatic response stating that the recipient is away from the office and you wish to request information under either the Freedom of Information Act, the Data Protection Act or the Environmental Information Regulations please forward your request by e-mail to the Information Governance Team (infogov@...) who will process your request.

North Yorkshire County Council.

Jacob Kruger

Yes, but, if the add-on is not installed, then this will not show up?

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA

On 2020-01-30 10:41 AM, rob.larmour via Groups.Io wrote:

Hi everyone,

[...]

So, along with other reply, open NVDA menu, tools menu, manage add-ons, and, make sure the braille input add-on is showing up there, and is enabled?

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA

On 2020-01-30 10:41 AM, rob.larmour via Groups.Io wrote:

Hi everyone,

[...]

Yes the Add-On is installed and enabled

My version of NVDA is 2019.2.1

On 2020-01-30 10:41 AM, rob.larmour via Groups.Io wrote:

Hi everyone,

[...]

Maybe that makes a difference then - I am using 2019.3 beta 3 at moment?

Jacob Kruger
+2782 413 4791
Skype: BlindZA

Hi,

On 2020-01-30 10:41 AM, rob.larmour via Groups.Io wrote:

Hi everyone,

[...]

Updated to 2019.3 beta and everything working, thank you

Hi,