Topics

one more question regarding windows app essentials plug in

mike mcglashon

Hi guys:

My last question today;

I noticed after installing “windows app essentials” plug in,

It reads what desktop I am on;

(this is great);

Upon reading the help in the addon manager regarding this plug in,

Begin quote:

• When opening, closing, or switching between virtual desktops,

NVDA will announce current desktop name

(desktop 2, for example).

End quote:

My question is,

Can I switch the order in which it announces?

Currently it announces the currently app in the desktop then the desktop number as I switch between them;

I’d like to be able to have it announce the desktop number prior to the active app name for that desktop.

Is this possible?

Can it be configured somewhere?

This is not really important as the thing does work as intended.

Because of jaws, I’m used to having the desktop number announced first as I ctrl+windows+left or right arrows to a particular desktop.

Please advise as you like.

Mike M.

Mike mcglashon

Email: Michael.mcglashon@...

Ph: 618 783 9331

Hi,

Ah, you’ve contacted the right person…

Regarding virtual desktop switching announcement order: this is due to a discussion a few years ago between NVDA developers then and I. Because Windows may not update the desktop name in a timely manner, I instructed NVDA to wait close to half a second before announcing which virtual desktop you are on, hence the order might be a bit unintuitive. I may need to revisit this part of the add-on in the near future (currently testing more modern code in Windows 10 App Essentials that won’t show up until early next year).

Cheers,

Joseph

[...]

Beautiful:

Like I said earlier,