Orbit writer and nvda

Guy Schlosser

Hey all, first of all happy new year! I have a question. I am working with a client on using NVDA, or Jaws, with the orbit Writer. I am having trouble with both products, and wondering if anyone has the answer. How do you enter commands, such as alt plus F4, or navigate through the start menu using the orbit writer? I can get into the start menu, but cannot navigate it. Is it possible to use this device as a keyboard without a QWERTY keyboard hooked to the system? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,

Guy

JAWS Certified, 2021, https://www.freedomscientific.com/Training/Certification

AKH AKH

It would be good if there was an Orbit Writer list, as I'm struggling with similar questions about using it with Talkback. I seem to be in grade 1 braille and punctuation gives me numbers, for example,  A lower d gives me 4 and not a full stop/period?

Andrew

On 10/01/2022 01:01, Guy Schlosser wrote:
Hey all, first of all happy new year! I have a question. I am working with a client on using NVDA, or Jaws, with the orbit Writer. I am having trouble with both products, and wondering if anyone has the answer. How do you enter commands, such as alt plus F4, or navigate through the start menu using the orbit writer? I can get into the start menu, but cannot navigate it. Is it possible to use this device as a keyboard without a QWERTY keyboard hooked to the system? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,

Guy

JAWS Certified, 2021, https://www.freedomscientific.com/Training/Certification

Richard Wells

Braille Extender may help with Braille keyboard commands.
https://addons.nvda-project.org/files/get.php?file=brlext

On 1/10/2022 3:49 AM, AKH AKH wrote:
[...]

Sarah k Alawami

There is. Here is the website for the group. Click the appropriate sub email on the page. Everyone on there is friendly and very helpful.