From: "Mary Otten" <motten53@gmail.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Monday, December 04, 2017 2:24 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] OT: selecting a new laptop is more difficult than before

I consider getting a laptop thistime instead the desktop I ended up with. I haven’t looked at laptops in several years. One of the things I absolutely insist on with the laptop, which is why I ended up not getting one, is that it have a good keyboard, with decent key travel, and a separate well-defined number pad. I don’t like Screenwitter laptop layouts. The last laptop I had, a Toshiba, fit that bill, with it’s very separate easy to find number pad. This time, when I went looking, I saw asus and HP really big laptops with number pad. But the keyboard looked like a sea of keys, with no separation anywhere. These are big laptops. So I don’t understand why they insist on smashing all the keys together without any kind of demarcation that is tactilely useful. Very sad.
Mary

Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 4, 2017, at 6:09 AM, Don H <lmddh50@adams.net> wrote:

Years ago I think that the AMD processors had heat issues but I think that is no longer a problem. I think AMD processors are as good as Intel and usually cost much less.

Yeah I know.

I think when we manage to save time we fill it up.

If I am not testing a game, or something when I should be reading my books or library books or other things I am either out, or doing anything but.

On 4/12/2017 7:57 p.m., Andy wrote:
It's interesting that we have all of these time saving devices at our disposal, but we always seem to complain that we don't have enough time.

Andy