Outlook 2010 focus problem

hurrikennyandopo ...

Hi guys

I do not use this program at all but a user from another list is having the below problem

I have an annoying problem where I loose focus when using outlook 2010.  I can arrow up and down but can’t hear emails.  I have had to tab to the to do bar or go out and back again.  I mean tab say to desktop then back in.  Other times I had to go and restart NVDA.

She has used the com tool still with the same results.

I will get her to tell me also what version of nvda she has.

Has any one got any ideas of what she can try?

Gene nz

Has any one got any ideas of what she can try to fix the problem.

Gene,

             The following is said without a trace of snark:  Update Office.

              Office 2010 has been out of support by Microsoft for some time now, and all of the current supported versions of Microsoft Office have their roots in Office 2016.

              There will be more and more and more issues as time marches on and a very great many may have no fix, too.  None of the screen reader makers is going to even try to fix issues with Office 2010 as those occur at this juncture.  They've got to focus on what's current as well as what they have preview builds for on software that's "coming up soon."

         ~ John F. Kennedy

Gene

We don’t know what the problem is and we don’t know enough to assume it is an NVDA problem.  It should be tested with another screen-reader to see if the same problem occurs.