Topics

outlook 365

lali

Dear All!

I need for my work outlook 365, but they are some messages, that are not shown correctly, it shown, that they were in one line. Can somehow make more accessible outlook? Or can I accepts invitations, which were sent from outlook with thunderbird?

Thanks!

Lali

Guy Schlosser

Lali, is your work running an exchange server? If so, you absolutely can do this with Thunderbird. There is an add-on called Exquilla, that will let Thunderbird communicate flawlessly with an exchange server. I know this, because I use it. I am the biggest outlook hater in the world! Sorry to those who love it. If you have anymore questions, feel free to drop me an email.

On Jan 31, 2021, at 9:14 AM, lali <l2belteki@gmail.com> wrote:

Dear All!

I need for my work outlook 365, but they are some messages, that are not shown correctly, it shown, that they were in one line. Can somehow make more accessible outlook? Or can I accepts invitations, which were sent from outlook with thunderbird?

Thanks!

Lali

lali

no, it is not exchange, that would be the best, but no.

zvonimir stanečić, 9a5dsz

Hi Lali and all!

When it comes to the NVDA and outlook versus hating something. Those who hates something, keep it for yourself, as it is a personal
preference when comes to using something.

Sadly, Using office 365 accounts in thunderbird can be done with the paid addon called Sova. It supports exchange and never office 365 accounts. That's because I moved from thunderbird to outlook. My university e-mail is also a office 365 mailbox. That's why I've moved to outlook

The problem with links rendered in on line is the e-mail renderer.

Best,
Zvonimir

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of lali
Sent: Sunday, January 31, 2021 6:41 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] outlook 365

On Sun, Jan 31, 2021 at 09:13 AM, lali wrote:
some messages, that are not shown correctly
-
Without details, it's impossible to even begin to give any decent recommendation.

Whether one likes Outlook (any version) or not, it is without question the most widely used email client in business settings (and plenty of homes, too) and the best supported by every screen reader in existence.

I don't use Outlook or any email client as a daily driver, but I have not experienced any issues with Outlook as far as rendering messages correctly, and I test with it frequently when it comes to questions asked on this group and a couple of others.

--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 20H2, Build 19042  

The depths of denial one can be pushed to by outside forces of disapproval can make you not even recognize yourself to yourself.

~ Brian Vogel

Sarah k Alawami

Can you tab to any links for except and decline for invites? I've not yet
had to accept, or decline invites yet in outlook 365. I would suggest
looking at Microsoft office support for your answer in case this is not nvda
related, which it sounds like it is not.

Sent: Sunday, January 31, 2021 6:12 AM
Subject: [nvda] outlook 365

Dear All!

I need for my work outlook 365, but they are some messages, that are
not shown correctly, it shown, that they were in one line. Can somehow make
more accessible outlook? Or can I accepts invitations, which were sent from
outlook with thunderbird?

Thanks!

Lali

Gene

I wouldn't assume it’s the e-mail renderer. Web sites sometimes have more than one link on a line. The way to change the display of links is to turn off use screen layout where supported.

Open browse mode settings with NVDA key control b. Tab to use screen layout where supported. It’s a check box. Uncheck it with the space bar. Press enter. Now you will see every linkk displayed on its own line, and you will also see that on web pages where you may have seen more than one link on a line.

I have said before that use screen layout should be off by default but there is no interest.

Gene

Sent: Sunday, January 31, 2021 11:47 AM

Hi Lali and all!

When it comes to the NVDA and outlook versus hating something. Those who hates something, keep it for yourself, as it is a personal

Sadly, Using office 365 accounts in thunderbird can be done with the paid addon called Sova. It supports exchange and never office 365 accounts. That's because I moved from thunderbird to outlook. My university e-mail is also a office 365 mailbox. That's why I've moved to outlook

Best,
Zvonimir

On Sun, Jan 31, 2021 at 01:39 PM, Gene wrote:
Now you will see every linkk displayed on its own line, and you will also see that on web pages where you may have seen more than one link on a line.
-
Serious question:  How is this better than either using the browsing shortcuts to jump from link to link (whether unvisited, visited, or agnostic of state) or using the elements list, with links being the chosen element?

I've not ever had a situation, whether in e-mail messages or web pages, where one, the other, or both have not worked.

What one chooses to turn on or off as far as settings is an entirely personal choice, so I'm not questioning that.  I'd just like to understand your reasoning as to this being better.

--

The depths of denial one can be pushed to by outside forces of disapproval can make you not even recognize yourself to yourself.

~ Brian Vogel

Bob Cavanaugh

Brian,
I'm actually with Gene on this one. For me, this is much like Numpad
Nav Mode, which is currently an add-on, and the only add-on I have
installed with NVDA at this point. For those coming from other screen
readers, the behavior NVDA displays when screen layout is on may throw
some people off. It definitely was strange to me when I first
encountered it, having used System Access for about a year at that
point and JAWS at school before then. I probably should use K to
navigate by link more than I do, but many times I either tab to it or
use the elements list.

On 1/31/21, Brian Vogel <britechguy@gmail.com> wrote:

Now you will see every linkk displayed on its own line, and you will also
see that on web pages where you may have seen more than one link on a
line.
-
Serious question:  How is this better than either using the browsing
shortcuts to jump from link to link (whether unvisited, visited, or agnostic
of state) or using the elements list, with links being the chosen element?

I've not ever had a situation, whether in e-mail messages or web pages,
where one, the other, or both have not worked.

What one chooses to turn on or off as far as settings is an entirely
personal choice, so I'm not questioning that.  I'd just like to understand
your reasoning as to this being better.

--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 20H2, Build 19042

The depths of denial one can be pushed to by outside forces of disapproval
can make you not even recognize yourself to yourself.

~ Brian Vogel

brice Mijares

Gene, NVDA key plus v acts as a toggle for screen view.

On 1/31/2021 10:39 AM, Gene wrote:
I wouldn't assume it’s the e-mail renderer.  Web sites sometimes have more than one link on a line.  The way to change the display of links is to turn off use screen layout where supported.

Open browse mode settings with NVDA key control b.  Tab to use screen layout where supported.  It’s a check box.  Uncheck it with the space bar.  Press enter.  Now you will see every linkk displayed on its own line, and you will also see that on web pages where you may have seen more than one link on a line.

I have said before that use screen layout should be off by default but there is no interest.

Gene
-----Original Message----- From: zvonimir stanečić, 9a5dsz
Sent: Sunday, January 31, 2021 11:47 AM

Hi Lali and all!

Best,
Zvonimir

Sarah k Alawami

I dun no,  for me I am now used to how the page looks. Don’t ne need to get used to saying it’s on this line, not every link on a separate line? I find myself coding that way which is incorrect. It should IMHO be off by default and the user can turn it on if they so choose. I always hated links on separate lines even way back in 2002 when I started using jaws.

Sarah Alawami, owner of TFfP. We are also on lbry as well.

Stay in touch with us via our discord. This is an easier way to both contact us, and get to know your fellow listeners.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Bob Cavanaugh
Sent: Sunday, January 31, 2021 12:04 PM

Brian,

I'm actually with Gene on this one. For me, this is much like Numpad Nav Mode, which is currently an add-on, and the only add-on I have installed with NVDA at this point. For those coming from other screen readers, the behavior NVDA displays when screen layout is on may throw some people off. It definitely was strange to me when I first encountered it, having used System Access for about a year at that point and JAWS at school before then. I probably should use K to navigate by link more than I do, but many times I either tab to it or use the elements list.

On 1/31/21, Brian Vogel <britechguy@...> wrote:

> On Sun, Jan 31, 2021 at 01:39 PM, Gene wrote:

>> 

>> Now you will see every linkk displayed on its own line, and you will

>> also see that on web pages where you may have seen more than one link

>> on a line.

> -

> Serious question:  How is this better than either using the browsing

> shortcuts to jump from link to link (whether unvisited, visited, or

> agnostic of state) or using the elements list, with links being the chosen element?

> I've not ever had a situation, whether in e-mail messages or web

> pages, where one, the other, or both have not worked.

> What one chooses to turn on or off as far as settings is an entirely

> personal choice, so I'm not questioning that.  I'd just like to

> understand your reasoning as to this being better.

> --

> Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 20H2, Build 19042

> The depths of denial one can be pushed to by outside forces of

> disapproval can make you not even recognize yourself to yourself.

> ~ Brian Vogel

>

Gene

Since it is common to tab through links and controls or move by line, moving by link
using k is not necessarily convenient. I use k at times when tabbing doesn't work well on a page for some reason. But I often want to either tab or down arrow. I don't necessarily want to just see links. I may want to see what is around the links.

Gene

Sent: Sunday, January 31, 2021 1:44 PM

Now you will see every linkk displayed on its own line, and you will also see that on web pages where you may have seen more than one link on a line.-
Serious question: How is this better than either using the browsing shortcuts to jump from link to link (whether unvisited, visited, or agnostic of state) or using the elements list, with links being the chosen element?

I've not ever had a situation, whether in e-mail messages or web pages, where one, the other, or both have not worked.

What one chooses to turn on or off as far as settings is an entirely personal choice, so I'm not questioning that. I'd just like to understand your reasoning as to this being better.

--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 20H2, Build 19042

~ Brian Vogel

Bob,

Again, I'm not questioning anyone's personal preferences, just trying to get perspectives.  And I thank you for yours.

I guess I'm "just the opposite" in terms of how I learned and how I approach things, regardless of screen reader.  I love the display elements options, regardless of specific implementation, as a way of both "cutting through the crap" and getting through certain types of content in the fastest (read: most efficient, in context) way possible.

But there are times where actual page layout is important.

The concept of the virtual cursor took me a very long time to wrap my head around, and I still prefer to use what NVDA calls Focus Highlight, or the equivalent in other screen readers, so that where I think I am and where I actually am is obvious to me.

--

~ Brian Vogel

On Sun, Jan 31, 2021 at 03:30 PM, Gene wrote:
I may want to see what is around the links.
-
I guess it all comes down to what one is looking to get and how one wishes to get it.

I'm generally either in "reader mode," where elements are irrelevant but text is, or vice versa.

--

~ Brian Vogel

Joney

Hi everyone:
If anyone figures out how to get Outlook to open without landing in the day to file, I’d sure appreciate it. I’ve been fighting with it since I put office 365 on my computer. If I sighted person takes it out of the data box by hitting the X that doesn’t show up on our screen readers, as soon as I move it to read the mail, it’s back in the day to file ideas anyway? Thanks in advance.

On Jan 31, 2021, at 10:45 AM, Guy Schlosser <guyster@bex.net> wrote:

Lali, is your work running an exchange server? If so, you absolutely can do this with Thunderbird. There is an add-on called Exquilla, that will let Thunderbird communicate flawlessly with an exchange server. I know this, because I use it. I am the biggest outlook hater in the world! Sorry to those who love it. If you have anymore questions, feel free to drop me an email.

Dear All!

Thanks!

Lali

Sarah k Alawami

Did you set your data file as default? See account info, account name, data files for more information. Best you subscribe to the office accessibility list. Search for it on groups.io or search this list as someone here posted it, I'm sure.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Joney
Sent: Sunday, January 31, 2021 5:11 PM

Hi everyone:
If anyone figures out how to get Outlook to open without landing in the day to file, I’d sure appreciate it. I’ve been fighting with it since I put office 365 on my computer. If I sighted person takes it out of the data box by hitting the X that doesn’t show up on our screen readers, as soon as I move it to read the mail, it’s back in the day to file ideas anyway? Thanks in advance.
On Jan 31, 2021, at 10:45 AM, Guy Schlosser <guyster@bex.net> wrote:

Dear All!

Thanks!

Lali

Microsoft Office Accessibility Discussion Group
--

~ Brian Vogel