Topics

Outlook 365 and message list

Andy B.

Hi,

How do I keep NVDA 2020 from reading the header titles in the message list of Outlook? For example, it reads ‘status: unread’, ‘from: whoever’, ‘subject: the subject’, … I want the message list to act more like it does in JAWS. All JAWS does is read the entire row. Example: ‘unread. The sender the subject date received size’. NVDA seems too verbose here.

Rob Hudson

Turn off row and column headers in document formatting.

----- Original Message -----
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2020 09:20:13 -0400
Subject: [nvda] Outlook 365 and message list

Hi,

How do I keep NVDA 2020 from reading the header titles in the message list
of Outlook? For example, it reads 'status: unread', 'from: whoever',
'subject: the subject', . I want the message list to act more like it does
in JAWS. All JAWS does is read the entire row. Example: 'unread. The sender
the subject date received size'. NVDA seems too verbose here.

Gene

To stop this really annoying and endlessly repetitious behavior, uncheck Report table row/column headers in Document formatting settings.

Couldn’t NVDA somehow be programmed to recognize these sorts of e-mail structures and not announce them unless the user specifies that they should be announced?  This behavior also occurs in Windows Live Mail.  I haven’t experimented with other e-mail programs.

Gene

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, March 27, 2020 8:20 AM
Subject: [nvda] Outlook 365 and message list

Hi,

How do I keep NVDA 2020 from reading the header titles in the message list of Outlook? For example, it reads ‘status: unread’, ‘from: whoever’, ‘subject: the subject’, … I want the message list to act more like it does in JAWS. All JAWS does is read the entire row. Example: ‘unread. The sender the subject date received size’. NVDA seems too verbose here.