outlook 365 problems

Afik Souffir <afik.souffir@...>

Hi

I installed office 365 after reseting my laptop, and things are getting crazy at the view.

First of all I don't get to my inbox emails from yesterday, and I can see in my outlook app in my phone a lot of emails from yesterday and today.

Second, it's showing me the emails by date, not like before, at chronological order.

Any help will be appreciated.

Afik.

Vaibhav Saraf

Hi Afik,

It looks to be an Office problem over NVDA problem.

For the first issue I am not sure if you are not able to see any mail in the inbox or just the latest ones. If it's just the latest ones then it can very well be some account sync issue. Outlook does a lot of downloads when it is installed new, you might like to wait a bit and allow it to download the chunk before it settles.

For the second issue, you can change the sorting order of mails. By default it is by date, if you reach the inbox table you can shift tab to reach the sort and filter and select the relevant criteria.

Thanks,
Vaibhav

On Fri, 18 Jun 2021 at 12:19, Afik Souffir <afik.souffir@...> wrote:

Hi

I installed office 365 after reseting my laptop, and things are getting crazy at the view.

First of all I don't get to my inbox emails from yesterday, and I can see in my outlook app in my phone a lot of emails from yesterday and today.

Second, it's showing me the emails by date, not like before, at chronological order.

Any help will be appreciated.

Afik.

Well I have just checked and recieved an out of band windows update services update, as well as office updates.

There wasn't an update expected today, so its an out of band update most certainly.

On 18/06/2021 7:06 pm, Vaibhav Saraf wrote:
[...]

Now I'm getting emails, but its keeps saying date: today. Or date: yesterday.

Like that.

Forgot how to turn it off.

[...]

On Fri, Jun 18, 2021 at 06:07 AM, Afik Souffir wrote:
Forgot how to turn it off.
-
Turn off grouping.

ALT+V,AB,W  (View Ribbon, Arrange By, Show in Groups Toggle)

      ~ Brian Vogel

Afik Souffir <afik.souffir@...>

There is no show in groups, for some reason.

On Fri, Jun 18, 2021 at 10:46 AM, Afik Souffir wrote:
There is no show in groups, for some reason.
-
I gave the one and only command that toggles grouping by date (which is what it sounds like you've got displaying) on and off.  It's been a part of Outlook for longer than I can remember.  I'm using Outlook 2016, but Outlook 365 is built using the 2016 code as its basis, and I sincerely doubt that setting has changed.

If that's not working then do a repair install on Office and try again.  Or figure out exactly how your "arrange by" settings are set up and work from there.

      ~ Brian Vogel

Dave Grossoehme

Good Day:  This could be coming from the windows view setting.  It could be shoing your messages by date.  I don't have Outlook, so, I can't give exact details.  However, you need to go into the view menu of outlook and arrow down to select none.

Dave

On 6/18/2021 3:07 AM, Afik Souffir wrote:

[...]

Pranav Lal

Hi Afik,

This is not a NVDA problem at all. By default, outlook groups messages by dates. When you arrow through your inbox, you will reach a point in the list of messages which will show you yesterday’s date. Hit right arrow to expand it and then continue arrowing.

You can also go to the view settings in the ribbon bar and change the settings for the current view.

Pranav