locked Owner's Note: Community Letter

Nimer Jaber

Hello everyone,

Today, for me, and for the world, is a difficult day. I write this message in recognition of what is happening in Afghanistan, and in Haiti. If you are from either location, or are impacted, please know that this community supports you. Please also know that you can reach out to nvda+owner@nvda.groups.io and I will do all I can to assist you.

We live in a united world. The pain and strife in any country should impact us all, and certainly impacts me. While this group exists to discuss NVDA screen reader, we are an international community of human beings first.

Please look after one another, please consider wearing masks and getting vaccinated, please consider doing what you can for your fellow man. We are all brothers and sisters, all fellow human beings.

--
Best,

Nimer Jaber

Registered Linux User 529141.
http://counter.li.org/

Thank you, and have a great day!

John Altmeyer

Nimer, thanks for your kind caring manner of putting things in perspective.  And I also encourage everyone to get vaccinated.  Vaccinations have been proven to be safe and effective.  We don't want to lose you.  Do it for yourself, do it for your loved ones, but pleas get vaccinated.  These are literally tragic times.

On 08/15/2021 8:14 PM, Nimer Jaber wrote:
[...]

Moti Azrad

Hi Nimer Jaber,

I sure agree with all your words in this letter.

We have to do the best to assist each other and to do all the needed things to keep our life and to protect ourselves.

Thanks much

Moti

Moti Azrad

Musician and Piano-Tuner

motiaz@...

azrad_moty@...

Israel

[...]

Shaun Oliver

look, it is nice that you're all wanting people to be safe and do what you feel is the right thing. but that's just it. it is what you feel is the right thing.

can we now please get back to the topic of NVDA?

On 16/08/2021 11:09 am, Moti Azrad rambled on about the following:

[...]

Luke Robinett

Hi Shaun. With so much bitterness in this world I for one don’t mind random moments of kindness even in unexpected forums such as this. My suggestion to you or anyone else offended by the content is simply to scroll past it and onto something that interests you. I don’t think there’s any need to make a snarky reply. Just my two cents.

[...]

gbmagoo@...

Well my 2 cents is this is not a political list and it should not be my job to read mail then deleate, since there seems to be a issue of not changing subject lines, but changing the content.

Thus with a iPhone I do not have time to preview a email to know if I wish to deleate it.

thanks

[...]

The subject line of this thread was clear. If you feel like vaccines aren't good for you, then please stay unvaccinated, though I hope that you stay away from me and others, and I hope you avoid going to the hospital when you find yourself sick. Finally, as the owner of this list, I am going to send out whatever message I feel like sending out. If you are offended by the fact that I send out a message addressing current events that I and the world are impacted by, then please unsubscribe.

And with that, this topic will be locked. Any future comments should be sent to the owner address.