From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Louise Pfau
Sent: Friday, October 16, 2020 12:39 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Partial NVDA shut down after Add-on Updater performs an update

Hi.  When "NVDA Add-on Updater" performs an update and requires NVDA to restart, 2 NVDA icons appear in the system tray when the program restarts.  I think this could have something to do with the fact that "NVDA Add-on Updater" doesn't allow dismissal of the "Welcome" dialog before performing the update, so there is a partial shut down of the program.  Is there a way to fix this?  I've disabled the "Welcome" dialog for now.

Thanks,

Louise

Jaffar Sidek

Hi Joseph.  Mine did shut down partially too, but it's all ok after a few seconds.  Cheers!

On 17/10/2020 3:53 am, Joseph Lee wrote:

Hi,

The notification icon isn’t cleaned up properly, something that can be fixed by right-clicking both icons. I may need to test your scenario (Add-on Updater running while NVDA welcome dialog is open), but my guess is that it has no impact.

Cheers,

Joseph

Hi.  When "NVDA Add-on Updater" performs an update and requires NVDA to restart, 2 NVDA icons appear in the system tray when the program restarts.  I think this could have something to do with the fact that "NVDA Add-on Updater" doesn't allow dismissal of the "Welcome" dialog before performing the update, so there is a partial shut down of the program.  Is there a way to fix this?  I've disabled the "Welcome" dialog for now.

Thanks,

Louise

Louise Pfau

Hi.  The second NVDA icon didn't go away until I pressed the APPLICATIONS key while I was focused on it.  Interestingly, when "Add-on Updater" indicated that there was an update, pressing ALT+TAB to cycle to the "Welcome" dialog to dismiss it before performing the update resulted in the "Update" dialog being titled as the "Welcome" dialog.

Thanks,

Louise