Topics

Password Managers

Bhavya shah

Dear all,

I am looking for free and accessible password management software. I
am not very sure of what features or tools I am looking for
specifically underneath them, so I am open to and and all of your
thoughts and recommendations on this.

I would truly appreciate any assistance.

Best Regards,
Bhavya

I would suggest both Searching the NVDA Group Archive and Searching the Windows 10 for Screen Reader Users Archive on the phrase "password manager" or "password managers" along with "free" if that's critically important, as this topic has been discussed many, many times on both groups.

       ~ Madonna

Nimer Jaber

Give bitwarden a try. Also, Lastpass has a free version with a few limitations, but still works well.

thanks.

--
Best,

Nimer Jaber

up to you. Thanks.

Registered Linux User 529141.
http://counter.li.org/

and above, please click here:
http://www.nvda-project.org

you, and have a great day!

Bhavya shah

Dear all,

Thanks Brian and Nimer! Judging by Nimer's recommendations, I narrowed
down to (a) Key Pass and (b) Bitwarden. I decided to give Key Pass the
first try due to its open source nature. More than Key Pass being an
unfamiliar software, password managers as a class of software are not
very known to me so I apologize in case upcoming questions are
rudimentary.
So far, in Key Pass, I went into one of the groups, added an entry
(title, username, password and other things). Now, the URL of this web
address is such that you have an e-mail address field (and not
username) on one page, then one needs ot press the Next button, and
then the password needs to be inputted. I was hoping for a system
wherein I could auto-fill and save effort using the password manager.
When I click the closest sounding Perform Autotype- option in the
context menu corresponding to this entry with the login webpage
already open in a browser though, things don't seem to work. I hear a
bunch of sounds and then the Terms of Service of this website open
rather than my account on it. Thoughts?

Thanks.

On 3/4/20, Nimer Jaber <nimerjaber1@...> wrote:
Give bitwarden a try. Also, Lastpass has a free version with a few
limitations, but still works well.

thanks.

On Wed, Mar 4, 2020 at 8:27 AM Brian Vogel <@britechguy> wrote:

I would suggest both Searching the NVDA Group Archive
<https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=1HexfjlH4pEYnSIMx3-FS1Rztl3JCmWa_>
and Searching the Windows 10 for Screen Reader Users Archive
<https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=1dGeilJJBe0vCB8IT94bbVDm4d4-u7wh4>on
the phrase "password manager" or "password managers" along with "free" if
that's critically important, as this topic has been discussed many, many
times on both groups.

*Power is being told you're not loved and not being destroyed by it.*

~ Madonna

--
Best,

Nimer Jaber

up to you. Thanks.

Registered Linux User 529141.
http://counter.li.org/

and above, please click here:
http://www.nvda-project.org

To contact me, you can reply to this email or you may call me at (970)
(393-4481) and I will do my best to respond to you promptly. Thank
you, and have a great day!

--
Best Regards
Bhavya Shah