From: "Ralph Boersema" <ralph@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Thursday, June 23, 2022 5:27 PM
Subject: [nvda] Pauses in MSWord

Dear Friends,

I do not usually keep up with this list, so please forgive me if this matter has been dealt with recently. When I work with Word documents NVDA frequently pauses before reading something to me. The pause frequency and the length of the pauses increase as the documents get longer. I have had this problem for years and with different versions of Word and of NVDA. Currently I am using Microsoft 365 and my NVDA is up to date. Is there some configuration I need to change, either in Word or in NVDA?

Warmly,

Ralph

Ralph Boersema

Yes, it seems to have nothing to do with NVDA. The web tells me a number of things to do that I can't understand. I'll have to get a sighted tech to help me out on this.

Ralph

I've seen this sort of thing as well, and its nothing apparently to do with the version of word. Its as if there is a spike in resource grabbing somewhere every so often then it returns to normal again. I always put this down to something else other than nvda, as it also seems to upset the typing according to sighted people where you can go on typing then all the missing ones arrive on screen at once. Is this what the other person gets?

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.(Virgin media)
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'