Topics

PDF and NVDA problem

Mohd. Ahtesham Shaikh

 Hi friends
I am not able to view the PDF pages while using NVDA
While pressing control page down I am not taking to the subsequent pages on the screen
Only the first and the second page is visible  remaining pages are hidden
I need this because I am partially sighted and would like to see the page and zoom it also
 The pages can be scrolled and viewed only when NVDA  is turned off

--
Mohd. Ahtesham
From India

Quentin Christensen

What PDF reader are you using?  Most browsers will set up their own PDF reader which will often be used when activating a link to a PDF file.  Adobe Reader as a standalone program often works better than these.  There is an option in Adobe reader as to whether it only reads the currently visible pages, or reads all pages.  Setting it to read all pages may take longer to start initially, but be more reliable at reading subsequent pages.

Regards

Quentin.

On Tue, Aug 13, 2019 at 11:55 PM Mohd. Ahtesham Shaikh <mohd.ahtesham@...> wrote:
 Hi friends
I am not able to view the PDF pages while using NVDA
While pressing control page down I am not taking to the subsequent pages on the screen
Only the first and the second page is visible  remaining pages are hidden
I need this because I am partially sighted and would like to see the page and zoom it also
 The pages can be scrolled and viewed only when NVDA  is turned off

--
Mohd. Ahtesham
From India
Using Windows 8.1 at home and windows 10 pro in office

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

NVDA 2019.2 RC 1 now available!

Mohd. Ahtesham Shaikh

Hi,
I use acrobat to read pdf documents.

--
Mohd. Ahtesham
From India

Well Acrobat is good, I would use balabolka as a text backup as well as extractor especially since it can handle secured documents, and I know at least one person I had to help last week with that particular issue.

Outside of that, for easy writing, cute pdf writer can be used to directly print any text dump to pdf and they have an editor which I have not tried which is free and some premium features.

Outside of that there is codex which uses the calibre system and which is also good.

If that doesn't work there are textpal, pdf2txt, and edsharp by empowermentzone.

Some of these are not updated and a lot of those scripted things I think they were ruby or autoit are recognised as viruses and malware now, probably because they are like bgt running functions inside interpritors.

You really shouldn't need to go backward using these tools though.

Supposedly without the codex front end calibre is supposed to be able to use this to.

Codex has its own custom calibre engine to.

On 19/08/2019 5:08 PM, Mohd. Ahtesham Shaikh wrote:
Hi,
I use acrobat to read pdf documents.

--
Mohd. Ahtesham
From India
Using Windows 8.1 at home and windows 10 pro in office

Luke Davis

On Mon, 19 Aug 2019, Shaun Everiss wrote:

Outside of that, for easy writing, cute pdf writer can be used to directly print any text dump to pdf and they have an editor which I have not tried which
is free and some premium features.
You could also export to PDF from word. Or from any other application, print anything to PDF via the Microsoft Print to PDF feature that has been in Windows for years.

Luke