Topics

PDF files with MS Edge

George McCoy

Is anyone having trouble reading PDF files with MS Edge under windows 2004? These are not image files. They read well under windows 1909.

Edge freezes and forces user into a bower button forced shutdown.

Thanks,

George

Rui Fontes

No problem here... and Edge is the app set to open PDF...

Rui Fontes

Às 20:04 de 09/09/2020, George McCoy escreveu:

Is anyone having trouble reading PDF files with MS Edge under windows 2004? These are not image files. They read well under windows 1909.

Edge freezes and forces user into a bower button forced shutdown.

Thanks,

George

George McCoy

Thank you, Rui.

On 9/9/2020 3:00 PM, Rui Fontes wrote:
No problem here... and Edge is the app set to open PDF...

Rui Fontes

Às 20:04 de 09/09/2020, George McCoy escreveu:
Is anyone having trouble reading PDF files with MS Edge under windows 2004? These are not image files. They read well under windows 1909.

Edge freezes and forces user into a bower button forced shutdown.

Thanks,

George

Oriana

George, is it all pdfs for you, or just certain files? Could be a glitch in the file itself causing the crash, some sort of unsafe embedded content or improperly implemented DRM, etc.

On Thu, Sep 10, 2020, 2:28 PM George McCoy <slr1bpz@...> wrote:
Thank you, Rui.

On 9/9/2020 3:00 PM, Rui Fontes wrote:
> No problem here... and Edge is the app set to open PDF...
>

> Rui Fontes
>

> Às 20:04 de 09/09/2020, George McCoy escreveu:
>> Is anyone having trouble reading PDF files with MS Edge under windows
>> 2004? These are not image files. They read well under windows 1909.
>>
>> Edge freezes and forces user into a bower button forced shutdown.
>>

>> Thanks,
>>
>> George

George McCoy

Thanks Oriana. I was asking for an acquaintance who isn't on this list.  I just found out this afternoon that he was running nvda 2019.2 with windows 10 2004. We updated nvda to 2020.2 and the problem went away.

George

On 9/13/2020 2:38 PM, Oriana wrote:
George, is it all pdfs for you, or just certain files? Could be a glitch in the file itself causing the crash, some sort of unsafe embedded content or improperly implemented DRM, etc.

On Thu, Sep 10, 2020, 2:28 PM George McCoy <slr1bpz@...> wrote:
Thank you, Rui.

On 9/9/2020 3:00 PM, Rui Fontes wrote:
> No problem here... and Edge is the app set to open PDF...
>

> Rui Fontes
>

> Às 20:04 de 09/09/2020, George McCoy escreveu:
>> Is anyone having trouble reading PDF files with MS Edge under windows
>> 2004? These are not image files. They read well under windows 1909.
>>
>> Edge freezes and forces user into a bower button forced shutdown.
>>

>> Thanks,
>>
>> George

Oriana

Glad to hear it.