Please add Vietnamese Southern Braille 'vi-saigon-g1.ctb' to NVDA

Nguyễn Đức Anh Minh

Hi NVDA Developers,
As this subject said, Vietnamese southern Braille 'vi-saigon-g1.ctb' in Liblouis is still commonly used in southern community of Vietnam. I hope it will be added to NVDA.
Many thanks
Minh

Quentin Christensen

I'm pleased to report that in the current version of NVDA - 2021.2, we updated to LibLouis 3.18, which includes Southern Vietnamese and a number of other tables:

  • Updated liblouis braille translator to 3.18.0. (#12526)
    • New braille tables: Bulgarian grade 1, Burmese grade 1, Burmese grade 2, Kazakh grade 1, Khmer grade 1, Northern Kurdish grade 0, Sepedi grade 1, Sepedi grade 2, Sesotho grade 1, Sesotho grade 2, Setswana grade 1, Setswana grade 2, Tatar grade 1, Vietnamese grade 0, Vietnamese grade 2, Southern Vietnamese grade 1, Xhosa grade 1, Xhosa grade 2, Yakut grade 1, Zulu grade 1, Zulu grade 2
You can download NVDA 2021.2 from: https://www.nvaccess.org/download/

Kind regards

Quentin.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Nguyễn Đức Anh Minh

Hi Quentin,
I found Vietnamese Grade0, Vietnamese grade1, and Vietnamese Grade2 in Braille output table of NVDA_2001.2.
I believe these match with vi-vn-g0.utb vi-vn-g1.ctb vi-vn-g2.ctb. respectively. However, I could not find wich braille output table match with vi-saigon-g1.ctb. Please tell me if there are some hidden tips and tricks for this.
Moreover, you are developer of QuentinC's Gameroom, aren't you.
Many thanks
Minh

On Tue, Oct 12, 2021 at 1:42 PM Quentin Christensen <quentin@...> wrote:
[...]

zvonimir stanečić, 9a5dsz

Hi Minh,

No, you have wrong NVDA version.

The version you need to have southern Vietnamese braille is 2021.2.

No, he is not Quentin gameroom developer.

The gameroom was developed by the French developer.

Best,

Zvonimir

Nguyễn Đức Anh Minh

Hi  Zvonimir,
Thanks a lot for your quick response.
In terms of NVDA version, I just mistype the number since I have the latest version NVDA-2021.2 but I cannot find Vietnamese southern Braille like my writing above.
Kind regards
Minh

On Tue, Oct 12, 2021 at 6:53 PM zvonimir stanečić, 9a5dsz <zvonimirek222@...> wrote:

Hi Minh,

No, you have wrong NVDA version.

The version you need to have southern Vietnamese braille is 2021.2.

No, he is not Quentin gameroom developer.

The gameroom was developed by the French developer.

Best,

Zvonimir

zvonimir stanečić, 9a5dsz

Hi,

There is southern Vietnamese

I saw it, as I translated it recently.

In terms of NVDA version, I just mistype the number since I have the latest version NVDA-2021.2 but I cannot find Vietnamese southern Braille like my writing above.

Kind regards

Minh

On Tue, Oct 12, 2021 at 6:53 PM zvonimir stanečić, 9a5dsz <zvonimirek222@...> wrote:

Hi Minh,

No, you have wrong NVDA version.

The version you need to have southern Vietnamese braille is 2021.2.

No, he is not Quentin gameroom developer.

The gameroom was developed by the French developer.

Best,

Zvonimir

Nguyễn Đức Anh Minh

Hi zvonimir stanečić,

I got it.
Many thanks

On Tue, Oct 12, 2021 at 9:21 PM zvonimir stanečić, 9a5dsz <zvonimirek222@...> wrote:

Hi,

There is southern Vietnamese

I saw it, as I translated it recently.

In terms of NVDA version, I just mistype the number since I have the latest version NVDA-2021.2 but I cannot find Vietnamese southern Braille like my writing above.

Kind regards

Minh

On Tue, Oct 12, 2021 at 6:53 PM zvonimir stanečić, 9a5dsz <zvonimirek222@...> wrote:

Hi Minh,

No, you have wrong NVDA version.

The version you need to have southern Vietnamese braille is 2021.2.

No, he is not Quentin gameroom developer.

The gameroom was developed by the French developer.

Best,

Zvonimir

Quentin Christensen

Glad you found it - yes it is listed as "Southern Vietnamese" so appears separately in the list to the other Vietnamese tables.

And yes, as Zvonimir noted - I am a Quentin C, but not that one (but don't worry, you are definitely not the first to ask!)

Quentin.