Please update Enhanced Phonetic Reading App

tim

FYI,

Jaws only updates within the currant version you have installed.

If its a new version like 21 to 22 then you get a new folder with that version in it and the other version still works unless you remove it.

I have worked on boxes with more than one version of jaws on them, because that is how it does things.

On7/20/2022 6:34 PM, Gene wrote:

Perhaps the update function should present a screen explaining why this is important to do and giving users the opportunity to answer yes or no to having it done.  I don't think most users would think about this themselves.  My objection to updates of this kind is that they remove the previous version.  That is why, if I used JAWS to any extent, I'd probably install a completely new version and not use the update function, thus leaving the old version on the machine in case I want to use it.

Gene

On 7/20/2022 4:49 PM, Gene wrote:
Before updating NVDA, I would recommend creating a portable version of the current version you are using.  Then, if the updated installed version has problems, you can use the portable version and, in a case like this, continue to use the add-on without disruption.

Gene

On 7/20/2022 4:33 PM, Janet Brandly wrote:

Hi Joseph,

Please tell us more. I’d like to get this function back ASAP.

Janet