Topics

locked Possible to purchase Microsoft outlook separately?

Daniel McGee

Hi all

Was just wondering ,is it at all possible to purchase Microsoft Outlook separately, as a stand-alone app?

I already have office 2019 student addition put on my windows 10 system. When I brought it two years ago. So obviously, it would be silly to buy the business version of office 2019. Just to get outlook on the machine. Hence why I am inquiring if outlook can be purchased as a stand-alone app to be used with my microsoft account.

Thanks for any input on the matter.

Sascha Cowley

First, this topic almost certainly belongs on the chat sub-list.

Second, A search on the Microsoft website reveals this link to buy Microsoft Outlook, though it might not be exactly what you're after.

Daniel McGee

I apologize  for posting to the wrong group and will keep it in mind for future conversations.

Thank you for the info that you provided though. It's much appreciated.

On 26 Oct 2020, at 01:45, Sascha Cowley via groups.io <sascha.camille@...> wrote:

First, this topic almost certainly belongs on the chat sub-list.

Second, A search on the Microsoft website reveals this link to buy Microsoft Outlook, though it might not be exactly what you're after.

Thanks to all involved in this topic as far as their helpfulness and courtesy in response to same.

I did want to add something "as a public service" for the group before I lock the topic.  If you are looking for any piece of software "separately" the best thing to do is to web search on that software's name with the addition of the term "standalone," as a single word.  Try this yourself for Outlook, in this case, and you'll see what I mean in the first few results.

It has been common practice in computing circles to call anything that can run on its own the standalone version of a program.  And when you want to know if something you're familiar with in a suite might be available by itself, standalone is the magic search term.

     ~ Kelley Boorn