Preventing NVDA from speaking headers in Access

Ann Byrne <annakb@...>

Access 2016, but it seems to be universal. How can I prevent Access from speaking row/column numbers when moving from cell to cell. I am using Access remotely, so everything is slow anyway; but NVDA speaks row/column information every time I move to a new cell, and it speaks it twice. I have tried disabling table headers, but that doesn't do it.

Any suggestions as to what might work?

Thx,

Ann,

Do you mean Access or Excel.  Your mixing of terminology has me confused.

It is well to open one's mind but only as a preliminary to closing it . . . for the supreme act of judgment and selection.

       ~ Irving Babbitt

Ann Byrne <annakb@...>

Access.
The database has fields in columns that have headers.

At 04:47 PM 9/8/2022, you wrote:
Ann,Do you mean Access or Excel. Your mixing of terminology has me confused.--

Brian - Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 21H2, Build 19044 Â

It is well to open one's mind but only as a preliminary to closing it . . . for the supreme act of judgment and selection.

      ~ Irving Babbitt

tim

Try playing around with the settings for tables.

You will find it under NVDA preferences,settings, document formating.

On Thu, Sep 8, 2022 at 06:08 PM, Ann Byrne wrote:
The database has fields in columns that have headers.
-
I'd suggest reaching out to member TheeQuinn about this.  I do not believe she reads the group routinely, but she did an entire series of YouTube tutorials on using MS-Access with NVDA.  If anyone might know of the top of their head, it would be her.