Problem changing synths

Roger Stewart

I'm noticing lately that if I change synths in the default (normal) configuration profile, save the configuration that this isn't carried over into Thunderbird where I have a separate configuration profile to stop some unwanted chatter. This usually seemed to just copy over globally if I made sure the normal configuration was running when I did this. Has there been some change? Is there and easy way I can change synths and have the change work globally if I choose?  There may be times when I do want a different synth for a particular program, and that's fine to be able to do this, but would be very convenient if I could choose to make the change global when I want this.

Thanks.

Roger