Problem of NVDA while working with python language

mr Krit Kumar kedia

Hello all,
For many days, I have been learning python and working on some python projects.

--While writing python classes, functions, loops etc I am facing a problem that NVDA is not reading the indentation properly Eg If I have written :
        print()
so, I have to go and check it word by word.
So I want to ask if there is any addon available for solving this problem.

Best,
Krit Kedia
diving into the world of technology!

You may get more traction on a question like this on a programming-focused group.  Not that the question is inappropriate here, but this group is focused on end users and NVDA and very few of them have direct programming experience, regardless of the language involved

Consider joining FreeLists / V.I. Programmers Discussion List.
You're more likely to get useful guidance, and more quickly, on such a list than you are here.

     ~ Ursula LeGuin, The Dispossessed

Rui Fontes

Hello!

Try using IndentNav add-on...

Rui Fontes

Às 15:32 de 21/05/2022, mr Krit Kumar kedia escreveu:

Hello all,
For many days, I have been learning python and working on some python projects.

--While writing python classes, functions, loops etc I am facing a problem that NVDA is not reading the indentation properly Eg If I have written :
        print()
so, I have to go and check it word by word.
So I want to ask if there is any addon available for solving this problem.

Best,
Krit Kedia
diving into the world of technology!

Hi,

I second Brian's suggestion. Also, what is the editor (or an integrated development environment) you are using to write Python code? Because recommendations about editors and IDR's can cause a scroll bar toappear on web browsers (in some ways), let's discuss recommendations somewhere else such as the list Brian recommended.

Cheers,

Joseph

Ken Perry

Use indent announce with speech on or tones on if you have pitch perfect hearing.

For many days, I have been learning python and working on some python projects.

--While writing python classes, functions, loops etc I am facing a problem that NVDA is not reading the indentation properly Eg If I have written :

        print()

so, I have to go and check it word by word.

So I want to ask if there is any addon available for solving this problem.

Best,

Krit Kedia

diving into the world of technology!

Carlos Medrano

That's what I use; the setting is under document formatting in the NVDA settings dialogue. Tones only play if the indent changes, so it's good enough for me. If you don't want tones playing everywhere, consider making a profile that is triggered when switching focus to your editor.

On 5/21/2022 10:29 AM, Ken Perry wrote:

Use indent announce with speech on or tones on if you have pitch perfect hearing.

For many days, I have been learning python and working on some python projects.

--While writing python classes, functions, loops etc I am facing a problem that NVDA is not reading the indentation properly Eg If I have written :

        print()

so, I have to go and check it word by word.

So I want to ask if there is any addon available for solving this problem.

Best,

Krit Kedia

diving into the world of technology!

Luke Davis

mr Krit Kumar kedia wrote:

--While writing python classes, functions, loops etc I am facing a problem that NVDA is not reading the indentation properly Eg If I have written :
You say it's not reading indentation properly. What are your line indentation settings in NVDA document settings configured to read indentations as: tones or speech?

I generally like tones myself, but I have a good memory for pitch.

Also, what editor are you using?

Luke
"I have no idea what I'm supposed to do. I only know what I can do." -James T. Kirk

mr Krit Kumar kedia

Hello all,
here, I would like to tell you that I am using VS code for writing python.
Actually, I did  not knowing, that we can turn on the option of speaking indentation by NVDA in the document formatting settings.
Thanks for telling me.

Best regards,
Krit Kedia
...,