Topics

problem while useing Orbit reader braille display

Meet modi

Hello team,
 I request you please fix this bug of Orbit reader 20 not connecting with NVDA from follow two step.
As par Orbit recommended method [Hid Orbit] and second is [Braille hid] Both isn't working after using update nvda 2020.3.
I hope you consider my request and think to fix this issue to put your afferts.

Here i am going to attach my log file kindly check.
Log file available in "TXT" formate.

Not that it is in any way inappropriate to mention having a problem here, and trying to determine if others are having it, but this is definitely not the place to try to make a bug report if you want the development team at NVDA to know about it and address it.

NVAccess manages NVDA on GitHub, and end users can create a GitHub account so they can then submit bug reports.  If you need additional information on that I can give it if requested.

There was a topic in 2019 on an issue with the Orbit 20 and NVDA, see:  Orbit Reader 20 and NVDA 2019.2
that could potentially be applicable here.  Have a look to determine that for yourself.

Log files or log file segments are not to be posted to the group.  It's fine to say you have one that can be sent to an assistant upon request, but please do not post logs or segments of logs on the group.  Attachments of any sort are stripped for messages sent to the NVDA Group.

        ~ Thomas Reed Powell

Quentin Christensen

Good afternoon,

The original email was sent both the the NVDA group, and to info@... - so the attachment did make it to info@... - As Brian noted in his reply to the group, attachments are automatically stripped from messages to the group though.  In this case, the log was at info level, and showed only NVDA starting normally, with Braille set to "No Braille".

The Orbit should be able to auto detect if the Braille display (in NVDA's Braille settings) is set to "Automatic".  When you encounter issues, it can also be worth restarting NVDA with add-ons disabled (NVDA+Q then down arrow to "restart with add-ons disabled" and enter).  If you can reproduce, it is worth sending an email to info@... with a log, but ideally a log set to "debug".  Press NVDA+control+g to open NVDA's general settings, tab to "Log level" and down arrow to "Debug".  ENTER for OK, then NVDA+control+c to save your settings.  Finally, restart with add-ons disabled as mentioned above, recreate the issue, and it will be recorded in the log with as much information as possible.  Your log is in your %temp% folder.  Email that to info@... with a description of what has happened and what you've tried.

Kind regards

Quentin.

--
Quentin Christensen