problem with latest skype

Margus Ojaots

Hello. I have a problem with the lattest skype update. Once i open
skype, I can't see my recent chats.

hurrikennyandopo ...

Hi

Which version of Skype it it? is it the app version on windows 10 or is it the desk top version for windows 10. There is another version which I can not remember it was.

Most people use the desk top version but when you go into Skype its self it is not changing into browse mode so use the nvda key + space bar to do this. When it is in that mode you can use the letter F to get down to the chats section then either use the space bar or enter key then go down the page to read what is there.

The letter F will take you to form tabs, form fields etc in the desk top version.

take

the app version you need to do a lot of tabbing so the desk top version is much nicer to use.

Gene nz

On 29/10/2021 5:04 pm, Margus Ojaots wrote:
Hello. I have a problem with the lattest skype update. Once i open
skype, I can't see my recent chats.

Margus Ojaots

App. How can i get the desktop version for win 10?

[...]

Michael Micallef at FITA

You can get the desktop skype from:

www.ninite.com

CAUTION: This email originated from OUTSIDE the Government Email Infrastructure. DO NOT CLICK LINKS or OPEN attachments unless you recognise the sender and know the content is safe.

[...]

You can grab it from the skype web site this links to the download page where you can get the desk top version at https://www.skype.com/en/get-skype/

Gene nz

On 31/10/2021 7:37 pm, Margus Ojaots wrote:
[...]

I installed it but the same problems. i see the chats tab but not the
chat list.

<hurrikennyandopo@hotmail.com>:
[...]

Sarah k Alawami

You might twant to discuss this on my skype English list. There is a discussion about this now with the other screen reader. If you are having trouble, subscribe there and someone will, hopefully, be able to help you.

On Sun, Oct 31, 2021 at 11:36 AM, Sarah k Alawami wrote:
this now with the other screen reader.

Which also strongly suggests that the issue does not lie, primarily, with the screen reader if it's happening with other screen readers as well.

Thank you for mentioning your group dedicated to the use of Skype with screen readers, as this is most likely something going on with Skype itself.

         ~ John F. Kennedy

Margus Ojaots

how to subscribe to it

-
Which also strongly suggests that the issue does not lie, primarily, with
the screen reader if it's happening with other screen readers as well.

Thank you for mentioning your group dedicated to the use of Skype with
screen readers, as this is most likely something going on with Skype
itself.

*The ignorance of one voter in a democracy impairs the security of all.*

~ John F. Kennedy

Sarah k Alawami

I would think so, I’m not sure, but that’s why I talked about that list just in case it is a skype issue, only 1 person is having the issue though over there.

On Sun, Oct 31, 2021 at 11:36 AM, Sarah k Alawami wrote:

this now with the other screen reader.

Which also strongly suggests that the issue does not lie, primarily, with the screen reader if it's happening with other screen readers as well.

Thank you for mentioning your group dedicated to the use of Skype with screen readers, as this is most likely something going on with Skype itself.

         ~ John F. Kennedy

Sarah k Alawami

Click the subscribe link found in the email section of the page. Your client should open. Send a blank message to that address and follow any prompts you will get via email. I won't give the link here as I expect users to explore pages and learn for themselves. That's just me though.

On Sun, Oct 31, 2021 at 12:16 PM, Sarah k Alawami wrote:
I won't give the link here as I expect users to explore pages and learn for themselves. That's just me though.
-
And that needs to become the de facto expectation in regard to Groups.io groups.  The home page for any Groups.io group contains a section entitled, Group e-mail addresses, which includes those for subscribing, posting, unsubscribing, and several others.

Einstein once said he refused to memorize any phone numbers because he could look them up in a phone book.  When it comes to a Groups.io home page link, that information is there for the taking and should not require repeating in the message.

         ~ John F. Kennedy