From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of anthony borg via groups.io
Sent: Monday, 18 October 2021 12:50
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] problem with NVDA

CAUTION: This email originated from OUTSIDE the Government Email Infrastructure. DO NOT CLICK LINKS or OPEN attachments unless you recognise the sender and know the content is safe.

Hi

Everytime I I open the run dialogue by pressing windows key and r, and type the word winver, it isn’t given me the info about the Microsoft version.

I really can’t understand what is causing this problem.

Thanks in advance for any help

Anthony

anthony borg

Thanks mike, it worked that way.

Tony have you tried to read the whole screen by press insert+b

CAUTION: This email originated from OUTSIDE the Government Email Infrastructure. DO NOT CLICK LINKS or OPEN attachments unless you recognise the sender and know the content is safe.

Hi

Everytime I I open the run dialogue by pressing windows key and r, and type the word winver, it isn’t given me the info about the Microsoft version.

I really can’t understand what is causing this problem.

Thanks in advance for any help

Anthony

tim

Next time just hit windows key and type winver in the search box and hit enter. your talking info will come up.

On 10/18/2021 6:50 AM, anthony borg wrote:

Hi

Everytime I I open the run dialogue by pressing windows key and r, and type the word winver, it isn’t given me the info about the Microsoft version.

I really can’t understand what is causing this problem.

Thanks in advance for any help

Anthony

hurrikennyandopo ...

Hi

Do you mean nvda is not speaking the version number of your computer operating system?

Are you wanting to copy the information read out say to note pad that is spoken out.

I just went into it and it was spoken out but then if I wanted to copy the info read out I then used object navigation to get to that information.

In my case using a desktop pc I used the nvda key + number 8 on the numeric keypad to get into that section.  I then used the 7 key on the numeric keypad to get to the top of the information on the top line. I then used the number 1 on the numeric keypad to get to the start of that line then used the nvda key + f9 key to start the mark. Used the number 9 on the numeric keypad to get me to the bottom of the information  then made sure I was on the end of that line with the number 3 on the numeric keypad  then used the nvda key + f10 key twice to copy it to the clip board then paste it into say a email.

If you just want to hear it again the nvda key + b key will tell you but to copy it you need to use object navigation.

Hope it helps.

Gene nz