Problem with NVDA Verbosity using MS Outlook

Rena

Hello,

I’m new here, and I have a problem and a question, please.

When I open any message in MS Outlook, mixed with the text I hear table, out of table, link, out of link, line, row, graphic, and so on. I find difficult to read messages with all this description.

What can I do to hear only the text of a message? Thanks for any help,

Rena

Monte Single

Hi Rina,

You need to go to settings in nvda, then choose “page formatting”.

This opens a page with a lot of choices.

Use your tab key to work through the list and use the space bar to check or uncheck eachitem as you mlove through it.

I’m new here, and I have a problem and a question, please.

When I open any message in MS Outlook, mixed with the text I hear table, out of table, link, out of link, line, row, graphic, and so on. I find difficult to read messages with all this description.

What can I do to hear only the text of a message? Thanks for any help,

Rena

Gene

It’s document formatting and the shortcut to open the dialog is NVDA key control d.

Uncheck everything having to do with tables using the space bar, then activate the ok button.

If you want to limit the changes to Outlook so you hear table information elsewhere, you will have to make a profile in NVDA that loads when yu run Outlook.  I don’t use profiles so if you want to make one, others can discuss it.

I’m new here, and I have a problem and a question, please.

When I open any message in MS Outlook, mixed with the text I hear table, out of table, link, out of link, line, row, graphic, and so on. I find difficult to read messages with all this description.

What can I do to hear only the text of a message? Thanks for any help,

Rena

Luke

Hello, I’m a little late here, but if you want a keyboard shortcut to make Outlook work faster and not deal with all that nonsense, this is what I do.,  Press NVDA+ n to bring up NVDA menu, hit right arrow on preferences and arrow down to input gestures, arrow down to document formatting or press D for first letter navigation, then arrow right to expand, then arrow down to until you hear toggles on the reporting of tables and arrow right to expand. Then  Make your input gesture for the keyboard shortcut. So next time you are in Outlook and are in a message and NVDA is giving all that verbosity and slowing things down, press the keyboard combination you made as a input gesture. If you want reporting of tables back on, press the keyboard combination again. Good luck! By the way I am using Outlook 365.