Topics

Problem with the new option Automatically set system focus to focusable elements

Hi all.
In the advanced settings of nvda beta, an experimental option has been added which says Automatically set system focus to focusable elements.
This option is enabled by default.
If we disable this option, I realised that it is impossible to press different types of buttons found in websites at least using chrome.

For example if we visit m.facebook.com, we can't press the like button to like a post on our timeline.
If we re enable this option, everything works as before.

Also if we visit one of the soundscapes at the website https://mynoise.net such as https://mynoise.net/NoiseMachines/jungleNoiseGenerator.php
we cannot press the preset buttons either.
I don't know if others noticed this behaviour, I will have a look at the issues and if there isn't one already open about this I will create one.
Nikos

Stephen

Hi Nikos.
Can you please get in touch with me privately?
Thanks.

At 04:01 PM 6/3/2019, you wrote:
Hi all.
In the advanced settings of nvda beta, an experimental option has been added which says Automatically set system focus to focusable elements.
This option is enabled by default.
If we disable this option, I realised that it is impossible to press different types of buttons found in websites at least using chrome.

For example if we visit <http://m.facebook.com>m.facebook.com, we can't press the like button to like a post on our timeline.
If we re enable this option, everything works as before.

Also if we visit one of the soundscapes at the website <https://mynoise.net/NoiseMachines/jungleNoiseGenerator.php>https://mynoise.net such as <https://mynoise.net/NoiseMachines/jungleNoiseGenerator.php>https://mynoise.net/NoiseMachines/jungleNoiseGenerator.php
we cannot press the preset buttons either.
I don't know if others noticed this behaviour, I will have a look at the issues and if there isn't one already open about this I will create one.
Nikos

Andre Fisher

Hi.

It's experimental for a reason, and it can only get better with your report of the issue.