Topics

locked Problems with Google drive

Ibrahim Ajayi

Hi good people:
I'm attempting to copy some files in to some folders I've uploaded on
to Google drive, but I am finding it impossible to do this.
When I attempt to paste the copied file in to a specific folder on the
drive, the file does not get pasted.
So, how can I get to solve this problem. Am I doing some thing wrongly here?
I hope my issue is clearly understood.
Ibrahim.

Sarah k Alawami

So you are doing this thorugh file explorer? If so, it should just work. I've been able to do this now for quite some time.

On 5 Dec 2020, at 9:14, Ibrahim Ajayi wrote:

Hi good people:
I'm attempting to copy some files in to some folders I've uploaded on
to Google drive, but I am finding it impossible to do this.
When I attempt to paste the copied file in to a specific folder on the
drive, the file does not get pasted.
So, how can I get to solve this problem. Am I doing some thing wrongly here?
I hope my issue is clearly understood.
Ibrahim.

Rich DeSteno

I don't think that you can just paste into GoogleDrive. There are one and two letter commands to execute actions.  For example, if you are in the folder into which you are trying to paste a file, you can press the letter 'c' and get a list of possible actions, one of which is upload.  This also works pressing the letter 'a' for action.  Choose upload from the list and you can upload to the folder.  There are many keyboard shortcuts for GoogleDrive.  The AFB web site has a ten-part audio tutorial o how to use them with screen-reading software.

Rich De Steno

On Sat, Dec 5, 2020 at 12:16 PM, Sarah k Alawami wrote:
. . . are doing this thorugh file explorer? If so, it should just work. I've been able to do this now for quite some time.
-
That's the big question.  If so, it should behave just like any copy and paste function in Windows.  So should creating or deleting folders as well.

But in the Google Drive web interface, you don't copy and paste if you're working with files or folders, but you upload them.

By the way, this is a Google Drive question, completely unrelated to NVDA itself.  This topic is now locked.  If further discussion regarding Google Drive is desired please start a new topic on the Chat Subgroup:

NVDA Chat Subgroup Addresses

To join:  chat+subscribe@nvda.groups.io

To post:  chat@nvda.groups.io

To receive a message containing the group description, and a list of these commands:  chat+help@nvda.groups.io

To stop receiving messages via email (you may still read messages on the Web):  chat+nomail@nvda.groups.io

This can also be used to put a vacation stop on group messages, then use one of the addresses below to resume delivery in the format of your choice.

To receive each group messages individually:  chat+single@nvda.groups.io

This is the default delivery unless you send a message to one of the addresses that follows.

To receive group messages in an HTML formatted digest:  chat+fulldigest@nvda.groups.io

To receive group messages in a plain text digest:  chat+digest@nvda.groups.io

To receive a daily summary instead of individual messages:  chat+summary@nvda.groups.io

To receive only special messages:  chat+special@nvda.groups.io