Topics

problems with nvda

Marisane Moruthanyana

Hi nvda gurus

I trust you are well even in this era of corona.

I have been facing challenges with nvda over the past few days.

nvda does behave strangely.

When I cut a file from one location to another, the file does not get cut.

Even when I am sure that I did cut it, it remains in the original
location as if I copied it.

This is confusing to be told 'replace the file' which one is sure one
has cut from the original location.

What is wrong here?

I am convinced that it is not Windows but nvda, because jaws does not do that.

Your assistance is appreciated in this regard.
Wally

hurrikennyandopo ...

Hi

if i remember right there was a add on called clip speak which would do some thing strange like that.

I would go to copy a file but it would not copy it or some times it would  then i could paste it.

But have nto used it for a long time so that bug might of been fixed.

I am sure it was that add on? if you have it disabled  it then try and copy a file etc and see if it does the job if yes properly a few times then re enable the add on and see it it mucks up again..

Then if that is the case it is that add on.

I think it might of been based off the fake clipboard add on?

Gene nz

If it does

On 26/03/2020 9:41 am, Marisane Moruthanyana wrote:
Hi nvda gurus

I trust you are well even in this era of corona.

I have been facing challenges with nvda over the past few days.

nvda does behave strangely.

When I cut a file from one location to another, the file does not get cut.

Even when I am sure that I did cut it, it remains in the original
location as if I copied it.

This is confusing to be told 'replace the file' which one is sure one
has cut from the original location.

What is wrong here?

I am convinced that it is not Windows but nvda, because jaws does not do that.

Your assistance is appreciated in this regard.
Wally

Arlene

What? I thought clip speak doesn’t work for the latest version of NVDA. I uninstalled it thinking it will not work.  I’ll try to get it back.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

if i remember right there was a add on called clip speak which would do

some thing strange like that.

I would go to copy a file but it would not copy it or some times it

would  then i could paste it.

But have nto used it for a long time so that bug might of been fixed.

I am sure it was that add on? if you have it disabled  it then try and

copy a file etc and see if it does the job if yes properly a few times

then re enable the add on and see it it mucks up again..

Then if that is the case it is that add on.

I think it might of been based off the fake clipboard add on?

Gene nz

If it does

On 26/03/2020 9:41 am, Marisane Moruthanyana wrote:

> Hi nvda gurus

> I trust you are well even in this era of corona.

> I have been facing challenges with nvda over the past few days.

> nvda does behave strangely.

> When I cut a file from one location to another, the file does not get cut.

> Even when I am sure that I did cut it, it remains in the original

> location as if I copied it.

> This is confusing to be told 'replace the file' which one is sure one

> has cut from the original location.

> What is wrong here?

> I am convinced that it is not Windows but nvda, because jaws does not do that.

> Your assistance is appreciated in this regard.

> Wally

My understanding is that all add-ons shown on the NVDA Community Add-Ons Main Page are compatible with whatever the current version of NVDA happens to be at a given moment in time.

Quite a few of the ones on the Under Development Add-Ons Page are as well.

The Legacy Add-Ons Page includes ones only compatible with some former version or versions of NVDA.

Clipspeak is showing on the Community Add-Ons Main Page.

       ~ Madonna

hurrikennyandopo ...

Hi

It might not of been updated to work with the latest version of nvda. I just remember a problem a while back like that he mentioned doing that and am pretty sure it was that add on. Some people have not come up to the latest version of nvda yet because some of there add ons will not work with it.

Gene nz

On 26/03/2020 11:00 am, Arlene wrote:

What? I thought clip speak doesn’t work for the latest version of NVDA. I uninstalled it thinking it will not work.  I’ll try to get it back.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

if i remember right there was a add on called clip speak which would do

some thing strange like that.

I would go to copy a file but it would not copy it or some times it

would  then i could paste it.

But have nto used it for a long time so that bug might of been fixed.

I am sure it was that add on? if you have it disabled  it then try and

copy a file etc and see if it does the job if yes properly a few times

then re enable the add on and see it it mucks up again..

Then if that is the case it is that add on.

I think it might of been based off the fake clipboard add on?

Gene nz

If it does

On 26/03/2020 9:41 am, Marisane Moruthanyana wrote:

> Hi nvda gurus

> I trust you are well even in this era of corona.

> I have been facing challenges with nvda over the past few days.

> nvda does behave strangely.

> When I cut a file from one location to another, the file does not get cut.

> Even when I am sure that I did cut it, it remains in the original

> location as if I copied it.

> This is confusing to be told 'replace the file' which one is sure one

> has cut from the original location.

> What is wrong here?

> I am convinced that it is not Windows but nvda, because jaws does not do that.

> Your assistance is appreciated in this regard.

> Wally

hurrikennyandopo ...

Hi Brian

I have been looking at the dates and if they are old dates those ones seem not to work  unless it has a much later date.

for example tip of the day shows on the main part of the add on website and also under the under development but will not work with nvda 2019.3

Gene nz

Gene nz