Topics

Progress bar does not read in Windows Defender

Morne van der Merwe

Hello list,

I am running the latest versions of both Windows 10 and NVDA.

When a virus scan with Windows Defender is being performed, NVDA does not read the progress bar of the scan.  Is there a way to read the progress bar since object and screen review do not work.

Lastly, why is NVDA sluggish when typing in Microsoft 365? While I am typing this email, NVDA gets way behind my typing speed.

Kind regards to all and stay healthy.

Morné

Ralf Kefferpuetz

Hi Morné,

  1. Make sure progressbar announcement is enabled, hit NVDA-U to adjust it to your needs. By the way, for me object and screen navigation are working properly in this window.
  2. I have a super speed when composing mails in Outlook 365, maybe it helps to disable some document related items like spell checking and pages in the NVDA document formatting . You can get there with NVDA-Control-D

Cheers,

  Ralf

I am running the latest versions of both Windows 10 and NVDA.

When a virus scan with Windows Defender is being performed, NVDA does not read the progress bar of the scan.  Is there a way to read the progress bar since object and screen review do not work.

Lastly, why is NVDA sluggish when typing in Microsoft 365? While I am typing this email, NVDA gets way behind my typing speed.

Kind regards to all and stay healthy.

Morné

Morne van der Merwe

Hello Ralf,

Thanks for the advice. My progress bar is set correctly so it does read the progress randomly. I tried to use the screen and object review in Defender with no success.  Objec review only focuses the cursor on the “cancel button” and screen review only says “blank.”

I will give it a try again though.

Have a wonderful evening.

I am running the latest versions of both Windows 10 and NVDA.

When a virus scan with Windows Defender is being performed, NVDA does not read the progress bar of the scan.  Is there a way to read the progress bar since object and screen review do not work.

Lastly, why is NVDA sluggish when typing in Microsoft 365? While I am typing this email, NVDA gets way behind my typing speed.

Kind regards to all and stay healthy.

Morné

Ralf Kefferpuetz

Hello ,

When you are stuck with the ok and cancel buttons, go up 1 level with NVDA-numpad-7 and explore the screen. I’m sure you will then find what you are looking for.

[...]

Oops, typo. I ment NVDA-numpad-8

[...]

mcLeod stinnett

--
from mack you may want to try NVDA b. this may give you the feedback you want.