Topics

Pronunciation: Unwanted Dates

Hope Williamson

I like eloquence for it's speed and efficiency. It's unrivaled. I can't
stand the built-in breath Microsoft puts into it's narrator voices. read
something long with one, and you'll know what I'm talking about.

Hope Williamson

Hi Sean, is the link you shared the same version as this one?
https://blindhelp.net/software/ibmtts

Hope Williamson

OK, it seems like it's the same, and I already have that one installed.

On 9/27/2020 9:47 PM, Amir wrote:
Folks, the add-on itself, IBMTTS which is the same as Eloquence, is perfectly legal and its link can be shared. The add-on is at ultrasound1372/NVDA-IBMTTS-Driver: This progect is to develop and maintain the NVDA IBMTTS driver. This repository is responsible for the x0_personal versions, which are continuing development even after it seems activity from the base repository has stopped.
However, what can't be shared because of legal issues, although many people have access to it, is the required library -- I mean ECI.dll and other *.dll and *.syn files. BTW the add-on (unlike the official release of Eloquence) makes use of extensive and advanced pronunciation dictionaries, and the project is hosted at thunderdrop/IBMTTSDictionaries
I can argue that the add-on is more responsive/crash-proof than the official Eloquence provided by Code Factory, and the addition of the community-driven dictionary makes it quite appealing.

Cheers,
Amir

Gene

I thought you were referring to the Eloquence add-on or SAPI5 version. As far as the IBM synthesizer is concerned, I don't know where you got the actual speech files so I don't know if there is a problem with them. I have Via Voice on my machine from another program that uses it and it is unrestricted. It runs as a SAPI4 voice and works well.