Public service announcement before going off the air: please install Add-on Updater 22.06 BEFORE checking for add-on updates

Edited

Hello all,

This is the (final) public service announcement before going off the air:

In the midst of messages about NVDA 2022.1 and add-ons, someone reported that they are not getting recent add-on updates. After some discussion, it was determined that Ad-on Updater was not updated to the latest version available (22.06), with the person reporting that add-on updates were offered after installing Add-on Updater 22.06.

For folks wondering why you are not receiving add-on update notices after installing NVDA 2022.1, part of it may have to do with the version of Add-on Updater you have. As I explained countless times (sometimes with joy, sometimes with tears, most of the time with calm), Add-on Updater is one of the first add-ons made compatible with upcoming NVDA releases; in fact, Add-on Updater declares compatibility with a year.1 release as soon as beta 1 is released. This is so that by the time the stable version is released, Add-on Updater can start offering compatible add-on releases to you.

Short of making Add-on Updater a mandatory add-on, as I sign out for the time being, I seriously and sincerely recommend everyone to install Add-on Updater 22.06 (compatible with NVDA 2021.3 and 2022.1). Restart NVDA, and you may get add-on update notices. Plus, Add-on Updater will check for updated versions of itself. I leave you the direct download link for Add-on Updater 22.06 on your screens:

https://github.com/josephsl/addonUpdater/releases/download/22.06/addonUpdater-22.06.nvda-addon

See you in July. Thank you for all your encouragements and support (beep, beep, beep, static).

Cheers,

Joseph