Topics

Question

Chris Shook <chris0309@...>

Hi,
Acasionally, I get a dialogue that pops up that says checking for new software. Is NVDA just checking for software, or is it installing fixes?
Thanks
Chris

Laughing Thunder

That sounds like the Apple Software Update tool to me. If you have iTunes installed on your computer, the Apple Software Update tool launches periodically to check for iTunes updates. It does not display a window on screen unless there are updates to install, but NVDA is still detecting it.

On 3/28/2016 3:12 PM, Chris Shook wrote:
Hi,
Acasionally, I get a dialogue that pops up that says checking for new
software. Is NVDA just checking for software, or is it installing fixes?
Thanks
Chris

Ben J. Bloomgren

Chris,

If it's truly NVDA that's doing it, then my guess is that it is actually looking for updates to install. If you have the snapshot version, then it will do this more often.

Ben

On Mar 28, 2016, at 13:12, Chris Shook <chris0309@...> wrote:

Hi,
Acasionally, I get a dialogue that pops up that says checking for new software. Is NVDA just checking for software, or is it installing fixes?
Thanks
Chris

Gene

NVDA isn't doing anything.  Something else is checking for new software.  Such messages should never come from NVDA.
Perhaps you run some sort of program that looks at your computer and updates programs and drivers.  If the program doesn't identify itself and you have no idea what it is, perhaps you should look through add/remove programs and see if you see anything that might be that kind of program.

Gene
Acasionally, I get a dialogue that pops up that says checking for new
software. Is NVDA just checking for software, or is it installing fixes?
Thanks
Chris

I get the same sort of message. I thought it was FireFox doing it, but
it could be iTunes instead. I usually only get that message, as best
as I remember, when I have both programs running so who knows!