Question about compatibility of "Clock and calendar add-on"

Louise Pfau

Hi. I looked for the "Clock and calendar" add-on on the official add-ons page, and the compatibility is for NVDA 2019.2. Based on the description, I wanted to get it, but I'm using NVDA 2020.4. Will there be updates to make it compatible with the latest version of NVDA?

Thanks,

Louise

On Wed, Apr 21, 2021 at 02:21 PM, Louise Pfau wrote:
Will there be updates to make it compatible with the latest version of NVDA?
-
Anything that is on the NVDA Stable Add-Ons page should be compatible with whatever the current version of NVDA happens to be.  There are plenty of times where the lines about the versions a given add-on will work with do not get updated in a timely manner.  But it is my understanding that the add-ons are tested as a part of the natural testing for NVDA as it's being developed, and if a given add-on doesn't work its developer will "have their cage rattled" to fix it and, if not fixed, it will be pulled from the stable add-ons page.  I'm sure I'll be corrected on that if it's wrong.

But anything compatible with 2019 should remain compatible with 2020, dot numbers not relevant in this case.

       ~ Richard M. Nixon

Louise Pfau

I appologize for any confusion.  I think that most of the add-ons I have are compatible with the latest version of NVDA , and they were listed as being compatible with NVDA 2019.3 or later.  I don’t know if “Add-on Updater” will let me install the “Clock and Calendar” add-on because of compatibility.

Thanks,

Louise

Louise Pfau

I just tried to download the add-on, and Microsoft Edge gave a “The download needs attention” alert.  I also checked the compatibility on the add-on page, and it said between NVDA 2014.3-2019.3.

Thanks,

Louise