Topics

Question about the EMClient app

Lauren Burger

Hello.  My name is Lauren.  I starting the EMClient program. I am hard time getting into it with NVDA.  I would like to know how to sign into it and use it accessibly with NVDA. Please let me know. Thank you for your consideration.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Lauren,

              I am not quite sure what you mean by "sign in to it."  eM Client, like other email client programs, is not signed in to, per se.  You set up your e-mail account or accounts like you do in virtually any other these days, and if it's with one of the major or many of the minor service providers all you will do is provide your e-mail address and password and it will do the rest.

              ALT+M,A or just ALT+A opens the Accounts dialog, and the add account button is at the top.  I have to SHIFT+TAB several times to land on it.

              eM Client is still not 100% accessible, though they have taken feedback during beta phases and seem very receptive to more in an effort to make it more accessible.  I believe that several group members here worked with it during the last beta and gave feedback.  A good example of lack of perfect accessibility is once you activate the Add Account button.  The dialog to add account opens, and you are in the edit box for your e-mail address, but NVDA just says EDIT.  It appears that the box is not labeled such that the screen reader can announce it.

               I do think there are several members now using eM Client as their daily driver for e-mail, so I'm imagining the main interface is 100% accessible or very close to it.  But I'll leave it to those who do use it to identify it's good, and bad, points.  I only work with it when doing testing.

Tony Malykh

Consider installing my eM Client accessibility add-on:

https://github.com/mltony/nvda-em-client/

It is still work in progress, there are still some things that are not accessible, but should improve your experience already.

On 1/1/2021 6:05 AM, Lauren Burger wrote:

Hello.  My name is Lauren.  I starting the EMClient program. I am hard time getting into it with NVDA.  I would like to know how to sign into it and use it accessibly with NVDA. Please let me know. Thank you for your consideration.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Lino Morales

What does this here M Client do?

On 1/1/2021 9:05 AM, Lauren Burger wrote:

Hello.  My name is Lauren.  I starting the EMClient program. I am hard time getting into it with NVDA.  I would like to know how to sign into it and use it accessibly with NVDA. Please let me know. Thank you for your consideration.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

It's an email client.

eM Client | The Best Email Client for Windows and Mac

(and that's their PR spin on the link to their main page, which I simply copied.  This is not an endorsement on my part.)

       ~ Brian Vogel